Reimbursement of Student Union Fees
On 24 April 2013, the Bayerische Landtag decided to eliminate university tuition fees. As of winter semester 2013/2014, students are only required to pay the student union and basic semester ticket fees in the amount of 129,40 Euro at present.
When can fees be refunded?
Semester fees for the current semester can only be refunded if
- your student status is officially withdrawn as of the end of the previous semester by the Admissions and Enrollment Office or by the Examination Office ("exmatrikulation")
- you have not yet validated your Student Card for the current semester
For further information, please also refer to Waiving a Place of Study
When can fees no longer be refunded?
- as soon as you re-enroll for a semester and then take an exam
- if you are mandatorily withdrawn as a result of failing an examination for the last possible time ("ENB")
- as soon as you validate your Student Card
In general, the student union prohibits reimbursement as of the first day you student status becomes effective in a given semester.
You have completed your last exam on September 30, but have already re-enrolled for the following winter semester. The Examination Office then determines that you have successfully completed your studies during the previous summer semester, and retroactively withdraws your student status as of September 30.
You can now apply for reimbursement of your semester fees, provided that you forfeit your Student Card (either in person or by registered mail).
If, at the end of your studies, you take an examination which is allocated to the previous semester within the first week of the lecture period, and do not intend to take any courses, you do not have to re-enroll. This also applies for oral exams which are part of the mandatory examinations stipulated in the academic and examination regulations.
The student status is withdrawn at the end of the last semester you have re-enrolled in, not retroactively. For the submission of your thesis enrollment is, however, mandatory.
For the legally binding regulations, please refer to §14 of the General Academic and Examination Regulations for Bachelor's and Master's Programs at the Techical University of Munich.