Auditor Program For Refugees
TUM is offering refugees who had already started or were about to start programs of study in their countries of origin the chance to attend courses at TUM as part of an auditor program. Starting in October, they will be able to audit (sit in on) course modules in German or English. This program serves as an opportunity for refugees to familiarize themselves with the German higher education system. TUM students will act as mentors to offer individual support.This offer is aimed at refugees who had already begun or were about to start a program of study in their country of origin. Sufficient knowledge of German or English is required to take part.
Refugees interested in applying to TUM as a regular student, please have a look at our degree programs.
How do I register for the Auditor Program?
- The program begins at the start of each lecture period.
- The registration period for the auditor program for winter semester 16/17 is from 19 – 23 September 2016 at the Admissions and Enrollment Office (open Mon – Fri 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and Mon – Thurs 1 – 4 p.m.) You will need to bring the following documents with you:
- Verification of your refugee status, e.g.: BüMA, Duldung, Aufenthaltserlaubnis
- If this verification does not have a photograph in it: some other official form of identification (e. g. passport) with photograph
- Completed and signed registration form for auditors (the form is also available at the Service Desk. Here you may indicate, among other things, the department at which you would like to attend lectures.)
- Notes for the required language tests for the upcoming semester will soon be available at this place.
- Once you are enrolled in the Auditor Program for Refugees next semester, you will have the opportunity to apply for an intensive course (German as foreign language) starting at level B2 (German language). This intensive course is designed to complete TestDaF within only 2 semesters. More information on the intensive course will be published soon.
If you need more information and a detailed advising relating to our study opportunities for refugees, please contact our Student Advising. Or visit one of our information sessions about the auditor program for refugees. They take part in the beginning of every summer semester.
- You want to become a student mentor for refugees?
All information about the mentoring program: Buddies for Refugees
"Timely help is doubly effective. Therefore we are opening our winter semester offerings to candidates who can be expected to succeed in their studies. They will be supported by student mentors who will receive special training.", says TUM President Wolfgang A. Herrmann in the press release on the immediate action program from 18 September, 2015.