US Venture Program
You are a highly motivated advanced TUM high-tech startup and would like to gain international experience? You would like to get inspired in the birthplace of the entrepreneurial spirit? Then apply for the next US Venture Program of the Technical University Munich. Every year the five best startups get the opportunity to visit the Silicon Valley, learn from experts and companies, get feedback and test their Ideas on the international market.
Program 2019 for hightech Start-ups
When and where: 30th September – 11th October 2019, Silicon Valley/ San Francisco
Open spots: 5 Startups each 2 team members (in total a group of 10)
Application period: 15th – 26th July 2019
Who are we looking for?
- You are a TUM hightech Startup with a product/ service (not “just” an idea)
- Your Startup must be technology based
- You have validated your core hypothesis through a lean approach
- You know your target market, your competitors and your customers
- You know your USP
- You are a complete team
- At least one of your team member is from TUM (student, scientist, employee or Alumni)
- You are not founded yet (except you get EXIST sponsored at the moment)
- You are pro-active and willing to create a part of your schedule on your own (meeting mentors, experts, peers)
- You are willing to share your experience you made in the Valley with other TUM Startups back in Germany (e.g. in Incubator lectures)
What can you expect?
- Workshops and lectures
- one-to-one pitch coaching
- Company visits
- Time for self-arranged meetings with mentors, experts, peers at meet up groups (up to 50% of your time)
- Topics covered: Decoding SV, Networking in SV, Crafting Startup Narratives (Storytelling), Managing change and pivoting (design thinking), fundraising, trend scouting, building a SV Startup, Investor insights
- Possibility to pitch your idea at different public events 2
What we provide:
- flight (self-booking upfront, refund after attending the program)
- Co-working space
- occasional meals
What you have to contribute:
- passion for designing a new program and being a TUM Startup
- willing to meet mentors, experts and peers in the valley (mandatory)
- certain meals which are not covered from us (own coast)
- transportation in SV/ SFO (own cost)
- Pitch Deck in English
- Video pitch in English (3min)
- Motivation letter or video (1 page/ 1min)
- Startup presentation (1 page with name, team incl. competences, product/ service, market, customers) This will be send to mentors/ experts and open to the public!
- US contact list (5-10 names of potential mentors, experts, clients or investors you want to meet in SV)
Program Manager: Sabrina Schulze & Andreas Jügelt
Application to: schulzes(at)zv.tum.de
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) takes its start-ups to Silicon Valley. Five teams spent ten days building networks in the start-up scene, interacting with managers from global players and learning from experts. Isabell Franck from data analysis specialist IPT and Artem Kuchukov from the construction technology company KEWAZO participated in the first "US Venture Program".
The US Venture Program in Media
Startup Stoty "7 Takeaways for every Entrepreneur coming to the Silicon Valley for the First Time" by Crashtest Security
We are Felix and René from the Munich-based cyber security startup Crashtest Security and want to share our 7 key learnings, which we made during our first trip to the Silicon Valley. If you are also interested in cyber security and want to learn more about our security scanner for web applications, checkout our website. Together with 4 other startups from the TUM we had the unique opportunity to make a trip to the Valley and get to know the ecosystem from different perspectives. These were our key learnings: read on
The future of agriculture
Acrai has the vision to make agriculture more sustainable & efficient. In a first step, we aim to disrupt the $26B herbicides industry by enhancing state-of-the-art mechanical weeding methods with deep learning based computer vision
- Agricultural Robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
The intelligent research database with integrated electronic Laboratory management, Research management, Image archiving, Patient record
Climedo is digitizing the biomedical and clinical research to build a structured data layer for machine learning and data-driven applications in the healthcare field.
- Computer Science
Automated Web Application Testing Made Easy
Crashtest Security provides a cloud based security scanning service for e-commerce platforms operators and web application developers. Through automation and standardization, we offer web shop owners easily understandable security tests of their live system. The Crashtest Security Suite also embeds into the continuous integration cycle of agile software development, allowing early error detection and improved security, while saving money compared to traditional security tests.
- IT Security
INSIGHT PERSPECTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
Smart robotics solutions for the scaffolding industry
Kewazo develops a smart robotics solution for the scaffolding industry. The robotic system “Geruestbot” provides an effective, cost efficient and safe transportation of the scaffolding parts during the scaffolding (dis-)assembly process. We offer the world’s 1st smart onsite scaffolding transportation system, which operates not only in vertical, but also in horizontal directions, optimizing the scaffolding assembly process.