Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts

The Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts is an association of eminent figures from the world of art. It was founded by the Free State of Bavaria in 1948 with the intention of functioning as the “most important centre for cultivation of the arts” in Bavaria.

The academy is subdivided into five departments, namely Fine Art, Literature, Music, Performing Art, and Film and Media Art. New members are appointed to the academy by election.

The following members of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) have been elected to membership of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts:

Full Professor of Landscape Architecture and Public Space (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Regine Keller was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2009.

Full Professor of Urban Architecture (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Dietrich Fink was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2004.

Full Professor of Integrated Building Technologies (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Uwe Kiessler was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2003.

Full Professor of Visual Arts (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Rainer Wittenborn was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2003.

Full Professor of Design and Conservation of Historical Buildings (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Victor López Cotelo was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2000.

Full Professor of Landscape Architecture (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Christoph Valentien was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 2000.

Assistant Professor of History of Architecture (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Winfried Nerdinger was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1997.

Full Professor of Architectural Design and Construction (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Thomas Herzog was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1995.

Full Professor of Architectural Design, Spatial Design and Sacral Building (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Friedrich Kurrent was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1987.

Full Professor of Architectural Design and Rural Architecture (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Helmut Gebhard (1926–2015) was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1981.

Full Professor of Sculptural Design (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Fritz Koenig (1924–2017) was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1969.

Full Professor of Urban Design and Regional Planning (Department of Architecture)

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerd Albers (1919–2015) was elected a member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts in 1965.

In brackets: Year in which the award was received

The information provided was current at the time the award was received.