Teaching and Exams on campus during the CoViD-19 pandemic
In order to take part in on-campus exams, practical courses or seminars with up to 30 participants at TUM during the CoViD-19 pandemic, you must comply with the following regulations. We ask that you read the information below carefully and register for courses or exams on campus only if you intend to do so under the specified conditions:
Note: If you cannot or do not want to take part under the conditions described below, it will not result in any disadvantage to you with regard to examination regulations (in particular, the academic progress check has been suspended).
- Do not enter university premises if you suspect you may be infected or have symptoms of illness! In this case, contact your department and the crisis management team by phone or email only (krisenstab-coronavirus(at)tum.de).
- Particularly, persons meeting the following criteria are prohibited from entering university premises:
Pursuant to the Entry Quarantine Ordinance, persons must go into domestic quarantine for 14 days if they have been in a risk area for more than 48 hours in a period of 14 days before entering Bavaria.
The risk areas designated by the Robert Koch Institute at the time of entry into Bavaria are decisive: https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Risikogebiete_neu.html
- If you belong to one of the risk groups defined by the Robert Koch Institute, who are subject to a severe progression of the illness and wish to take part, you are required to take the necessary measures for your own protection, or to refrain from participating. The crisis management team (krisenstab-coronavirus(at)tum.de) or your attending physician can advise you in this regard.
- Participation of expectant mothers in in-person examinations and courses offered by TUM is permissible, as a rule, provided that safety and hygiene measures are observed. For practical courses (e.g. laboratory courses involving the handling of hazardous substances) the risk assessment of the responsible supervisor is decisive. In all cases, it is important that you inform yourself in advance about the current regional incidence of infection relevant to you (https://corona.rki.de/ under Landkreise), as the assessment here does not explicitly refer to the risks to which you could be exposed on arrival. For example, if the incidence of infection is considered critical with more than 50 newly infected persons per 100,000 inhabitants in the last seven days, you should refrain from taking part in any in-person events. If in doubt, please contact your physician or the TUM Corona Crisis Task Force at krisenstab-coronavirus(at)tum.de (advising through occupational safety experts and physicians).
Rules of conduct and hygiene to be observed
Please observe the hygiene rules (PDF, 232 KB).
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after the course, exam or event.
- At all times (including on arrival and in the waiting area in front of the course or exam room, toilets, etc.) a minimum distance of 1.5 m between any two persons must be maintained.
- There shall be no handshaking or embracing to greet or depart.
If the minimum distance cannot be safely maintained, a mouth-and-nose cover (MNC) must be worn. It is recommended that the MNC be worn at all times. You are therefore advised to bring an MNC with you! Refer also to the instructions for handling the Mouth-Nose Cover (PDF, 160 KB).
Equipment and utensils (e.g. pens/pencils) are to be used solely by individual students and should not be shared.
Conduct after the exam, course or event
- Celebrations or similar events after the on-campus exam, course or event are prohibited.
- Do not remain on TUM premises afterwards.