In-person examinations at TUM during the CoViD-19 pandemic
In order to take part in on-campus examinations at TUM during the CoViD-19 pandemic, you must comply with the following regulations. We ask that you read the information below carefully and register for in-person exams only if you intend to do so under the specified conditions:
General information on in-person examinations
Note: If you cannot or do not want to take examinations under the conditions described below, it will not result in any disadvantage to you with regard to examination regulations (in particular, the academic progress check has been suspended).
- Do not enter university premises if you suspect you may be infected or have symptoms of illness! In this case, contact your department and the crisis management team by phone or email only (krisenstab-coronavirus(at)tum.de).
- Particularly, persons meeting the following criteria are prohibited from entering university premises:
Pursuant to the Entry Quarantine Ordinance, persons entering Bavaria from a state other than the member states of the European Union, or from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, must be placed in home quarantine for 14 days. It is, therefore, not possible to take part in an in-person examination, if you were in a country other than those listed above in the 14 days preceding the examination date.
Furthermore, participation is not possible:
if you have been in a non-European country (except Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Great Britain and Northern Ireland) within the last 72 hours before entering from a European country.
if you have been outside of Germany within the last 14 days, where more than 50 cases per 100,000 inhabitants have occurred within the last 7 days (see RKI Dashboard)
- If you belong to one of the risk groups defined by the Robert Koch Institute, who are subject to a severe progression of the illness, and/or if you are pregnant and wish to take part in an examination, you are required to take the necessary measures for your own protection, or to refrain from participating. The crisis management team (krisenstab-coronavirus(at)tum.de) or your attending physician can advise you in this regard.
Rules of conduct and hygiene to be observed during examinations
Please observe the hygiene rules (PDF, 232 KB).
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after the examination.
- At all times (including on arrival and in the waiting area in front of the examination room, toilets, etc.) a minimum distance of 1.5 m between any two persons must be maintained.
- There shall be no handshaking or embracing to greet or depart.
If the minimum distance cannot be safely maintained, a mouth-and-nose cover (MNC) must be worn. It is recommended that the MNC be worn at all times. Exam proctors are required to wear an MNC at all times. You are therefore advised to bring an MNC with you to the examination! Refer also to the instructions for handling the Mouth-Nose Cover (PDF, 160 KB).
Equipment and utensils (e.g. pens/pencils) are to be used solely by individual students and should not be shared.
Conduct after the examination
- Celebrations or similar events after the examination are prohibited.
- Do not remain on TUM premises after the examination.