Coronavirus/COVID-19: Current information
We continue to face a multitude of challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. Together, we can turn this situation to our advantage and make a meaningful contribution to the success of the current generation of students and our university as a whole – and, above all, get ourselves safely through these challenging times.
Critical information in brief (as of 1 May, 2022)
- 3G rule and checks: The 3G requirement and compliance checks ceased to apply on April 2022, This applies to both course meetings and examinations, to employees and guests on all TUM campuses. This means that there will no longer be a 3G requirement for accessing TUM premises.
- Face masks recommended: Pending further information on the extension of the mask requirement, we urgently and emphatically recommend the use of FFP2 masks on all TUM premises where the minimum distance of 1.5 meters cannot be maintained.
- Home office: A framework agreement between TUM and the General Employee Council governing remote working and including options for ‘Telearbeit’ and ‘mobiles Arbeiten’ went into effect on 1 May 2022. Details: HR FAQ
- Studying, teaching, exams: Find all current regulations on www.tum.de/corona/studies
- Vaccines work: Make use of the public vaccination campaigns and the TUM vaccination campaign.
- Corona-Warn-App: We recommend all students and employees to use the Corona-Warn-App (CWA) provided by the Robert Koch Institut. What should you do if you see a red tile? Please follow the CWA team's instructions when the "increased risk" status is displayed.
- Urgent request for support – Volunteer for a Contact Tracing Team (CTT): To reinforce the health authorities in the pandemic response, TUM is asked to nominate staff members on an ongoing basis. Details on CTT deployment
Please inform yourself regularly about the latest developments and decisions concerning the handling of COVID-19 through the following channels:
- TUM Infection Control Concept (PDF 200 KB, in German)
- Email inbox for your TUM e-mail address
- Intranet (MyTUM): Circulars from the TUM Board of Management and state ministry regulations (e.g. on labor law)
- Intranet (MyTUM): FAQ from Human Ressources (ZA 2)
- Occupational safety, health and environmental protection management system (AGU): Documents and information about SARS-CoV2 (in German; Login via eAccess of the university library)
- the websites of the departments and institutions that concern you
- the present website (www.tum.de/en/corona)
- Studies and teaching information (www.tum.de/corona/studies)
- Robert Koch Institute: SARS-CoV-2 in Germany
- the website of the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care, in particular regarding the Bavarian testing strategy
We continue to recommend that employees adhere to well-known hygiene measures and make use of available vaccination programs.
- maintain distance: at least 1.5 m from other persons
- washing your hands regularly
- regular ventilation
- Testing requirements: Information for students and employees
- Teaching, Exams and Use of Study Areas on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic
- For working on university premises, all current safety measures and regulations can be found on the TUM Occupational safety, health and environmental protection management system (AGU) (in German; Login via UB eAccess)
- Coronavirus FAQ of HR6 (in English)
For more information, refer to the hygiene tips of the German Federal Center for Health Education at www.infektionsschutz.de/hygienetipps, as recommended by RKI. Please also heed the signs in the TUM rest rooms.
You work or study at TUM and have symptoms, have had contact with a person who tested positive, have tested positive yourself or are in quarantine for other reasons (i.e. after travel)? You are a supervisor and have knowledge of infected persons, suspected or contact cases, or require assistance with an inconclusive case?
If so, please follow the guidelines of the TUM administrative office for Health, Safety, Radiation Protection at https://wiki.tum.de/x/qYMFKQ
- Online services for collaboration and communication (compiled by ITSZ)
- For teaching staff: how to teach online (compiled by Pro Lehre | Media and Didactics)
- Login pages for important IT services of the TUM: www.tum.de/login
- Current IT information, e.g. on problems with individual systems (IT News Wiki)
Should technical difficulties arise, please contact IT Support: it-support(at)tum.de.
This list makes no claim to completeness. Please also check the websites of the departments and institutions that concern you regularly.
- Libaries: University Library
- Doctoral studies: TUM Graduate School
- Language classes: Language Center
- Studies and Teaching: TUM Center for Study and Teaching
- Sports: University Sports Center Munich (ZHS)
- Further training for employees: TUMhorizons – in German
TUM Schools and Departments
Visit the websites of the TUM Schools and Departments for the current regulations.
gastronomic Services (e.G. Mensa, Cafeteria):
- TUM Infection Control Concept (German)
- Entry Quarantine Ordinance for persons entering the Federal Republic of Germany (full text in Bundesanzeiger as of 30 July 2021; pdf, 881 kB)
- Legal Basis: Bavarian Ordinance on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (German)
- Robert Koch Institute on COVID-19
- World Health Organization on COVID-19
- Bavarian Government announcements and information: www.bayern.de (in German)
- Bavarian Health Ministry: info page on the COVID-19 outbreak (in German)
- Bavarian Vaccination Center: information and registration for Corona vaccination (in German)
- Bavarian Science Ministry: FAQ on university operations, research and cultural life (in German)
- Federal Ministry of Health: Coronavirus information and practical advice in several languages
- Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA): Top 10 Hygiene Tips Poster (pdf, 542 KB)
- Bus and train: recommendations for passengers from the Munich Transport Corporation MVG
- Online maps and analyses of the spread of COVID-19 (Chair of Cartography)
- Coronavirus hotline of the Bavarian State Government: 089 / 122 220