Coronavirus/COVID-19: Current information
With extraordinary dedication, creative solutions, and great flexibility, our staff and students have mastered the past months of the COVID-19 pandemic. In the current semester, we will continue to face a multitude of challenges. Together, we can turn this situation to our advantage and make a meaningful contribution to the success of the current generation of students and our university as a whole – and, above all, get ourselves safely through these challenging times.
Critical information in brief (as of 20 October 2021)
- 3G – vaccinated, recovered or tested: Access to all TUM buildings for students, employees and visitors only with proof of testing, vaccination or recovery. This rule does not apply to students during on-campus exams. More details for students and employees (in German)
- Rapid tests: TUM students and employees can have themselves tested at various TUM locations. The costs will be covered by TUM until further notice. Students need to show proof of their enrollment (e.g. a validated StudentCard). Employees are required to register in advance using a special code. For further details, follow the links below: students and employees (in German)
- Vaccination for students and staff: TUM students and employees can get vaccinated against the virus during special vaccination campaigns directly on campus.
- Masks and hygiene: Wearing a mask is mandatory in all TUM buildings, a surgical mask is sufficient. The mask may be taken off at fixed sitting, standing or working places if a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other persons is maintained. Wash your hands regularly and ventilate regularly. Further details for students and in the employees .
- Studying, teaching, exams: Find all current regulations on www.tum.de/corona/studies
- Home office: The nationwide emergeny brake expired on June 30. Employees can still be allowed to work from home, as a rule, if their job activities are suitable for remote work and their on-site presence is not necessary to ensure university operations. Details: FAQ from HR (ZA 2), in German
Please inform yourself regularly about the latest developments and decisions concerning the handling of COVID-19 through the following channels:
- Email inbox for your TUM e-mail address
- Intranet (MyTUM): Circulars from the TUM Board of Management and state ministry regulations (e.g. on labor law)
- Intranet (MyTUM): FAQ from Human Ressources (ZA 2)
- Occupational safety, health and environmental protection management system (AGU): Documents and information about SARS-CoV2 (in German; Login via eAccess of the university library)
- the websites of the departments and institutions that concern you
- the present website (www.tum.de/en/corona)
- Studies and teaching information (www.tum.de/corona/studies)
- Robert Koch Institute: SARS-CoV-2 in Germany
To contain the spread of infection the most important thing to do is to follow good hygiene practices. On university premises, all possible and conceivable preventive measures and hygiene standards are to be taken into consideration, these include
- 3G – vaccinated, recovered or tested: Detailed rules for students and employees (in German)
- maintaining distance (at least 1.5 m from other persons)
- washing your hands regularly
- regular ventilation
- Mandatory masks – students: Students are required to wear a medical mask (surgical mask) or FFP2 mask in all rooms and buildings at TUM. (Details for students)
- Mandatory masks – employees: A a mask is mandatory (medical face mask or FFP2/KN95 mask) on all traffic and meeting areas, elevators, sanitary rooms, meeting rooms, laboratories and in class-rooms and lecture halls. Exceptions for employees in the university building only apply under certain circumstances to one's own place of work (Details: oronavirus FAQ of HR6 (in English).
- Testing requirements: Information for students and employees
- Teaching, Exams and Use of Study Areas on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic
- For working on university premises, all current safety measures and regulations can be found on the TUM Occupational safety, health and environmental protection management system (AGU) (in German; Login via UB eAccess)
- Coronavirus FAQ of HR6 (in English)
For more information, refer to the hygiene tips of the German Federal Center for Health Education at www.infektionsschutz.de/hygienetipps, as recommended by RKI. Please also heed the signs in the TUM rest rooms.
You work or study at TUM and have symptoms, have had contact with a person who tested positive, have tested positive yourself or are in quarantine for other reasons (i.e. after travel)? You are a supervisor and have knowledge of infected persons, suspected or contact cases, or require assistance with an inconclusive case?
If so, please follow the guidelines of the TUM administrative office for Health, Safety, Radiation Protection at https://wiki.tum.de/x/qYMFKQ
- Online services for collaboration and communication (compiled by ITSZ)
- For teaching staff: how to teach online (compiled by Pro Lehre | Media and Didactics)
- Login pages for important IT services of the TUM: www.tum.de/login
- Current IT information, e.g. on problems with individual systems (IT News Wiki)
Should technical difficulties arise, please contact IT Support: it-support(at)tum.de.
This list makes no claim to completeness. Please also check the websites of the departments and institutions that concern you regularly.
- Libaries: University Library
- Doctoral studies: TUM Graduate School
- Language classes: Language Center
- Studies and Teaching: TUM Center for Study and Teaching
- Sports: University Sports Center Munich (ZHS)
- Further training for employees: TUMhorizons – in German
TUM Schools and Departments
Visit the websites of the TUM Schools and Departments for the current regulations.
gastronomic Services (e.G. Mensa, Cafeteria):
- Entry Quarantine Ordinance for persons entering the Federal Republic of Germany (full text in Bundesanzeiger as of 30 July 2021; pdf, 881 kB)
- Legal Basis: Bavarian Ordinance on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (German)
- Robert Koch Institute on COVID-19
- World Health Organization on COVID-19
- Bavarian Government announcements and information: www.bayern.de (in German)
- Bavarian Health Ministry: info page on the COVID-19 outbreak (in German)
- Bavarian Vaccination Center: information and registration for Corona vaccination (in German)
- Bavarian Science Ministry: FAQ on university operations, research and cultural life (in German)
- Federal Ministry of Health: Coronavirus information and practical advice in several languages
- Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA): Top 10 Hygiene Tips Poster (pdf, 542 KB)
- Bus and train: recommendations for passengers from the Munich Transport Corporation MVG
- Online maps and analyses of the spread of COVID-19 (Chair of Cartography)
- Coronavirus hotline of the Bavarian State Government:
089 / 122 220