In the lives of our youngest members of the TUM family a new and inspiring era begins, and President Thomas F. Hofmann warmly welcomes them to our great university – with our first-years’ welcome event! “Welcome@TUM”. In order to protect everyone’s health during the pandemic, our traditional first-years’ welcoming will this year take place in a virtual, but equally exciting format.
First Virtual First-Years’ Event!
When and where?
Monday, November 2, 2020, at 3 p.m.
A detailed description of the program and extensive guest information will follow shortly.
Raffle and video messages of the first-years!
This year's first-years’ event takes place in a new virtual format, and new students are invited to actively participate in Welcome@TUM by sending in a short video clip. The students' video clips will then become part of the online event on November 2. In addition, those who send in a video enroll in a raffle, where, in addition to prizes, you have the chance to become a VIP-guest at the welcome event.
Short facts on the video clip
- Anyone who submits a video will enroll automatically in the raffle
- If your video is selected among those sent in, we will cut it and show it at Welcome@TUM. In addition, you can also join the event as a VIP guest at Zoom Live Conference.
- Delivery: send it via WeTransfer to email@example.com - there is no need to register with WeTransfer and the website's cookies do not have to be accepted. It is sufficient to include your name and e-mail address as sender
- It is absolutely necessary to include a filled out declaration of consent on WeTransfer regarding the video, otherwise the video cannot be used. You can find it under the following link.
- Deadline for entries is 26.10.2020
Eight guidelines for the video
- The question that should be answered in the video is: "At TUM I am most looking forward to..." - please say this sentence in the video
- Consider the size of your angle (how big are you shown)
- Background not too playful... but also not directly in front of a white wall
- Stand in the middle and frontal to the camera.
- Always look into the camera! (learn the text and please do not read it)
- Use landscape format 16:9
- Put the cell phone down (tripod - or e.g. put it on a shelf)
- Short text! (max. 20 sec) and around 100 MB file size
At the start of your studies, there will be quite a bit of organizing to do. For a detailed overview of items to keep in mind, please refer to our Freshman Checklist. In addition, we would like to provide you with a general overview and help you familiarize yourself with the most important concepts relating to your studies at Technical University of Munich. Starting your studies