Administrative services

TUM’s various administrative departments form the backbone of the university, providing services for students, prospective students and staff. Proactive, professional and approachable – the university’s administrative teams are always there for you.

Couldn't find what you were looking for?

Important regulations, explanatory documents and forms:

Popular service pages

Booking rooms

You can search for free lecture theaters and seminar rooms at TUMonline. Just select the option “Suche freie Räume” (find free rooms). You can also book rooms at TUMonline. More

Business cards

Business cards can be ordered through a special service. Just complete the form on the following page and we will look after the layout. More

Facility Management

Is the heating not working? Is something faulty in your office? Have you ordered new furniture but need help installing it? Then simply contact the facility manager’s office for assistance. More

Human Ressources

Any questionsabout your employment or work contract? HR will answer them and helps you with advice. More

Job related travel

Whether you are going to a conference or a higher education exhibition, find out how to apply for a job-related trip and claim travel expenses here.


TUM employees are eligible for areduced­price annual ticket for Munich local trans­port (MVV), including S-Bahn, U-Bahn, bus and tram. More

Legal matters & contracts

The TUM Legal Office can assist you with matters like contract wording and copyright law. TUM ForTe offers advice on patents. The functional unit for Functional unit for Academic and Student Affairs can advise you on exam regulations.

Media Technology

Our Media Technology department is respon­sible fortechnical equipment in the lec­ture halls. The staff can also lend you pro­jectors and other audio-visual equipment for lectures. More

Mensa and staff card

Yourstaff card (PersonalCard) is a multi-functional chipcard. It serves as an ID card, a library card and a payment card for the Mensa (cafeteria). More

Office supplies

Office supplies are available from the secre­tarial office of your department. You can order pens, writing pads and other items with the TUM logo online from the TUM Shop.


Do you require a parking space at the university? Then apply to your supervisor for a parking permit. More

Standard agreements

Standard agreements are in place to reg­ulate important aspects of your work for TUM. These include flexitime options, annual appraisals, Internet use and fair play in the workplace. More

Telephone system

Dial "01" for external and "05" for private calls. More info: Applying for a phone line and setting it up, private calls instruction manuals for phones and answering machines at the main campus and Garching.

Couldn't find what you were looking for?

Important regulations, explanatory documents and forms: