TUM Global DeepTech Venture Initiative
We bring Tech Entrepreneurs to Munich.
The TUM Global DeepTech Venture Initiative (GDTV) aims to support international high-tech talents on their way to establish a successful start-up within the Munich ecosystem. Start-ups from all over the world are given the unique opportunity to settle in the German high-tech metropolis with the help of an experienced expert network. The mixture of scientific innovation, high talent density, and fast-growing industry in the heart of Europe makes Munich one of the most attractive locations to scale start-ups and transform them into successful and sustainable businesses.
The Munich Global Impact Hub (MGI Hub) is an intense biannual six-month program for entrepreneurial talents to support them on their journey through the Munich ecosystem. The MGI Hub is an initiative led by the three Munich based universities Technical University of Munich (TUM), HM Hochschule München University of Applied Sciences (HM), and Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich (LMU). The Munich Global Impact Sprint aims to be a key hub for innovation and entrepreneurship in the regional Munich ecosystem.
The universities are supported by their respective innovation and entrepreneurship centers: UnternehmerTUM, Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship (SCE), and LMU Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (LMU IEC).
The universities are committed to partnering with other higher education institutions worldwide to strengthen Munich’s position as a key player in the international entrepreneurial ecosystem. The MGI Hub is funded and supported by the EXIST-Potentials program of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action (BMWK).
MUC Summit GmbH has been commissioned to act as ecosystem integrator.
- Joint support by 3 top universities and their entrepreneurship centers
- Constant interaction with exquisite corporate & academic partners
- Personal TUM start-up consultant
- Europe’s largest incubator
- Access to highly focused Venture Labs
- Work Space
- Support with funding applications
- Educational workshop (e.g., HR, Pitching)
- No tuition fee
- No incorporation until the end of the program
- At least one non-German citizen in the team
- A business model in deep tech (preferably Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Additive Manufacturing, Sustainable Mobility, or Intelligent Transportation)
- Participate for 6 months
- Willingness to incorporate in the Munich area
The TUM DeepTech Venture Grant is a continuous opportunity for international entrepreneurial talents not affiliated with the Technical University of Munich to finance their entrance into the Munich ecosystem from abroad. Convince our expert jury to win an annual total of 40,000 EUR in prize money and 40,000 EUR in consecutive grants.
If you have an innovative idea in deep tech that creates an impact, we will support you in the further development of your idea. Just send us your idea paper, a three-minute video pitch, and the applicant eligibility form.
You can apply any time. Applications will be evaluated within a maximum of three months. The most promising ideas will each receive 10,000 EUR in prize money and 10,000 EUR in grants to support the first year in Munich.
- Prize money 40.000 EUR (4 x 10.000 EUR)
- Additional grants to support your first year in Munich of 40,000 EUR (4x 10,000 EUR)
- Pitch training for the best applicants
- Pitches in front of an expert jury
- Networking & access to the Munich ecosystem
- Preffered access to TUM’s entrepreneurship infrastructure.
- Subsequent support for convincing ideas
- A Wild Card for the Munich Global Impact Hub
- The idea must not be incorporated
- The applicants must not be affiliated with the Technical University of Munich
- The idea should preferably be in a Deep Tech field
- The idea must be new or a significantly innovative alteration
- At least 50 percent of the team must not possess a German citizenship
- Applicants with business ideas already supported by or employed by a German university are not permissible
- See detailed requirements and applicant eligibility form for all details.
If you still hesitate to apply for the Munich Global Impact Hub or the TUM DeepTech Venture Grant, get in touch, and we will find a way to support you. The TUM Global DeepTech Venture Initiative is your entry gate to Munich.
Program Manager TUM GDTV
TUM ForTe – TUM Office for Research and Innovation
Technical University of Munich, Arcisstraße 21, 80333 Munich
Tel.: +49 89 289 25329