Priority Programs (SPP)
The following provides an overview of German Research Foundation (DFG) priority programs coordinated by the Technical University of Munich.
What are priority programs?
- Priority programs are coordinated university programs that are funded by the German Research Foundation and typically run for six years.
- They aim to deliver tangible impetus for scientific development by providing coordinated support for important new research topics throughout Germany.
- The projects are characterized by their outstanding quality and focus on highly original topics and/or methodologies. They lay the foundations for emerging fields.
- In particular, the projects focus on supporting young scientists and promoting collaboration across different disciplines, fields, institutes and departments.
- These collaborations strengthen relationships between universities and other research institutes.
Visit the DFG website for more information about priority programs.
Priority programs coordinated at TUM
Speaker:Professor Dr. Christian Pfleiderer (Chair of Experimental Physics on the Topology of Correlated Systems at the Physics Department)
Funding: since 2018