Vaccinations are an important factor in containing the COVID-19 pandemic and make a safe return to campus possible. TUM students and staff can now be vaccinated without pre-registrationon campus in Munich and Garching at fixed dates in July, August and October.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines top-class facilities for cutting-edge research with unique learning opportunities for 45,356 students. The spectrum of disciplines represented at the university includes medicine, engineering, the natural and life sciences, as well as political and social sciences and management. It is one of the biggest technical universities in Germany and one of eleven German Universities of Excellence.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- “3G rule”: access to on-campus courses only with proof of testing, vaccination or recovery if the 7-day incidence exceeds 35; exemption for on-campus exams
- Vaccination offers for students: www.tum.de/en/corona-vaccination
- Hygiene concept: mask mandate and contact tracing
- Please note the rules on notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
- Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
News from the Campus
On July 6, 2021 all students and most employees (see below) of TUM are called to vote. In order to further limit the spread of Covid-19, it is recommended to make use of vote-by-mail. Ballots can be requested until June 22.
Take part in the TUM Asia virtual summer school, apply as a volunteer for the 2022 European Championships in Munich, join our virtual learning space, or learn how to better relax for the exam period: A selection of dates, deadlines and offerings for our students.
How can we make our degree programs interdisciplinary? What new topics can we take up? In short: How can we become even better? These are the central questions of the student survey at TUM. Every two years, the university calls on its students to describe their own experiences and pass on their opinions.
Two innovative Technical University of Munich (TUM) teaching projects are to receive millions of euros in funding from Germany's "Stiftung Innovation in der Hochschullehre" (Innovation in Higher Education Teaching). The hyteQ project will develop and implement modern hybrid teaching formats combining on-campus teaching with Educational Technology. The alliance project QUADIS will serve to intensify collaboration on university didactics among Bavarian universities.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) will launch five new degree programs in the upcoming winter semester. TUM is expanding its course offerings in the new Department of Aerospace and Geodesy as well as in the interdisciplinary field of management, technology and sustainability.