At TUM4Mind it is all about your mental health.
A conscious approach to one's own psyche and mental health is a cornerstone for a high-performance and successful course of study. Learn to find your own way and to explore your personal limits. Understand your goals, your strengths and weaknesses, your fears and worries. Develop tangible implementation concepts for dealing with stress, time constraints and performance pressure in order to manage your daily student life. Find out what to do when psychological stress becomes too much and you are concerned about being close to a mental illness.
Preview: TUM4Mind in winter semester 2020
Awareness Week, November 23 to 27, 2020
During the week we will focus on 3 main activty areas:
- Relaxation courses with participation
- interactive lectures with practical examples for reflection and use in daily student life
- Discussion groups for Information about consultation offers and treatment formats for psychological issues and illnesses.
Due to the current situation the courses wil all be in digital format. Some of the presentations will be available later on on our website.
You will find dates and log-in data here at the beginning of the winter term.
Further courses during the winter semester 2020
The topic of mental health is relevant for all students especially during these challenging times. Therefore we will have additional courses and discussion forums during the semester.
Please check back here for topics, dates and times once the winter semester has started.
We are also happy to put you on our mailing list by email to inform you about upcoming events.
Offers in Summer Semester 2020
Interactive Online Forum , July 16, 2020
Psychisch fit studieren: An Online Forum for Students , Thursday, July 16, from 14:00 h to 15:30 h
Studying successfully, overcoming crisis situations, being content with your situation. Is it possible? Of course!
the TUM4Mind team and the association Irrsinnig Menschlich e.V. invite you to exchange thoughts and ideas about mental health topics associated with your studies - an important issue especially right now, in times of Corona.
During the Forum psychological experts will give advice. You will also meet students with similar concerns that managed their studies successfully and share their experience with you.
What to expect:
- Warning signals of psychological crisis situations
- Helpful coping strategies
- Places for support, help and advice at TUM
Online-Workshop | June 2020
“The psychology of a healthy goal pursuit”
Interactive online workshop in June 2020
While studying in a purely virtual environment as you are forced to do in this semester it is not always easy to motivate yourself for regular learning and studying sessions. How about some helpful input from an experienced psychologist and trainer?
In this 4-hour, interactive compact workshop, you will find out how you can set goals that neither under- nor overwhelm you. You will recognize distractions or lack of motivation on the way to your goal and will develop individual strategies for dealing with them.
This German language workshop takes place as an online session on 4 different dates. Further information and registration
More helpful online offers to support you in successfully managing this semester:
- TUM Academic Coaching by phone or video chat
- Interactive Workshops at TUM on the topics of stress management, motivation and much more
- Collections of check lists and tips for learning at home in times of Corona
- Tips & Tricks of students for students in times of Corona compiled by TUM4Health
- Support in times of psychological stress: Counselling Services of the Munich Student Union
- Professional help during urgent mental crises: The telephone crisis service for Munich and Upper Bavaria
Review: TUM4Mind 2019
The three days were full of actions, talks, information and excitement. A lot of exchange took place, with lively sessions full of advice and discussion. Many new contacts were made, many guests and visitors came by! The action days TUM4Mind – Boost your mental strength during your studies - were all about the different challenges that are part of student life. We were there to help you with advice and action, had an open ear for your concerns and informed you about internal and external support offers. The diversified program included
- inspiring lectures on topics such as stress and self management,
- interactive workshops in small groups, which provided practical tools for your studies,
- different meeting environments, in which you could exchange ideas with like-minded people or get professional advice.
TUM4Mind 2019 was based on the successful Mental Health Action Days 2018, which were organized by Peter Finger (TUM Young Academy) and the initiators Marcel Bischofberger, Dominique de Marné and Lasse Münstermann. Thank you very much for the valuable preparatory work and support in 2019!
We would also like to send a special thank you to all the speakers and the institutions that participated as well as the colleagues of WTG@MCTS for their great commitment! The project was financially supported by the City of Munich and the Techniker Krankenkasse.