Enrolling as an auditor allows you to take part in individual courses at TUM. You are not registered and do not have student status.
What is an auditor?
- As auditor you can attend courses from the course cataloge of TUM.
- Auditors can not receive any grades or take exams.
- Exercises and practical trainings in programs with restricted admission can not be attended by auditors.
- Auditors can not be admitted to Medical School.
How and where can I register as auditor?
- You may register as an auditor for the summer and winter semester. Registration takes place in the second week after classes have startet (see deadlines) and is handled by the SSZ Service Desk in Room 0140, Arcisstraße 21 at the downtown campus from 9 to 12am.
- During your registration you can select the courses you wish to attend. You can find an overview of the courses offered by TUM in the course catalogue.
- To register, you will need your passport and a copy of your university entrance qualification (e.g. your school graduation certificate, diploma certificate, bachelor's certificate etc.)
Enrolling as auditor for winter semester 2018/19
Enrolling as an auditor for winter semester 2018/19 is possible from 22. to 26. October 2018. On October 23rd, the service desk will be closed and enrolling is not possible.
What are the fees?
- The fee for registering as an auditor depends on the number of courses you wish to attend.
- The fee is € 100 per semester, as long as you visit courses with a total of no more than 4 semester hours per week. For courses with a total of up to 8 semester hours per week the fee is € 200,-, and if you register for courses with a total of more than 8 semester hourse per week the fee is € 300,- per semester.
Auditor status for physical education teachers or feelance sports teachers
- If you have registered for the non-academic training to become a physical education teacher or freelance sports teacher, you will also be registered as an auditor.
- In this case, the fee per semester is € 300,-
- Participants of this program may take the required exams in the course of the training program even though they are registered as auditors.
Advising and Information
You have questions about application, admission or administrative matters?
Please have your applicant or application number ready.
Write us an email:
Give us a call:
+49 89 289 22245
Monday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 9 am - 1 pm
Arcisstr. 21, Room 144
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 12 pm
Lecture Period, Lecture-Free Days/Holidays, Enrollment periods- overview on all dates and deadlines of each semester