Double Degree - Incoming
The double degree program offers qualified students the opportunity to receive a degree from both TUM and one of its partner universities. The goal of the double degree program at TU München is to integrate the strengths of its individual partner universities’ degree programs – unaltered – into the joint program. This joint program constitutes the linkage of the individual degree programs of the respective universities. Credits and examinations completed at the partner university will be recognized by TUM.
Are you interested in one of our departments or schools with new double degree programs?
Description of the program
- Two to four semesters of study at a partner university
- The double degree program is offered as part of a specific curriculum beginning, as a rule, only in the winter semester.
- Participating students are enrolled at TUM as regular students during this period.
Application requirements (for study at TUM)
- above average academic performance
- good German or English language skills (depending on degree program)
- All double degree programs are regulated through bilateral agreements. A list of universities having agreements with TUM is available via the .
Application process (for study at TUM)
- Students wishing to apply to TUM within the scope of a double degree program must first contact the relevant administrator at their home university and apply for the program there.
- The partner university selects students for the double degree program and nominates them for study at TUM.
- As a rule, applicants to double degree programs at TUM are to apply through TUMonline in accordance with the standard application deadlines for their desired program of study.
- Please make clear on the required hard-copy application materials that you are applying to a double degree program.
- Once submitted to TUM, your application documents will first be formally reviewed for acceptance by the Registrar’s Office and then by the International Affairs Delegate of the relevant department or school. You will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office informing you of the decision on your application.
Application materials for study at TUM
Please fill out the online application first, print the application for admission/enrollment and send it with all required application documents to the Technische Universität München:
- CV in German or English (depending on the degree program)
- Transcript of records (certified list of credits earned in your studies to date)
- 1 passport style photo for the Student Card, please upload to TUMonline
- Copy of your passport/identification card
Additional requirements for double degree master’s programs:
- an officially certified copy of the bachelor’s degree certificate and diploma
- certified translations of the bachelor’s certificate and diploma, if the original documents are not in German or English
- graduates of a French Grand École : certified copy of the equivalency certificate