Higher Education Entrance Qualification

If you would like to study at TUM, you must hold a higher education entrance qualification (HZB) or show proof of a professional qualification. Entrance qualifications for a university of applied science (Fachhochschulreife) alone do not fulfill the requirements for admission to study at TUM.

German Higher Education Entrance Qualification

  • Applicants who have received their higher education entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school (i.e. a school offering a German Abitur) abroad

International higher education entrance qualification

  • Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification abroad
  • Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification at an international school in Germany.

Qualified professionals as well as qualified tradespersons and the equivalent

  • Tradespersons as well as their equivalents are granted general university admission.
  • Qualified professionals are offered admission to subject-specific higher education if, after having successfully completed their studies, they have completed at least two years of vocational training and, subsequently, at least three years of full-time professional work experience - each in the desired technically-related field.

Advising and Information

You have questions about application, admission or administrative matters?

Please have your applicant or application number ready.

Write us an email:

Give us a call:
+49 89 289 22245

Monday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Tuesday to Thursday: 9 am - 1 pm

Visit us: 
Service Desk
Campus Munich
Arcisstr. 21, Room 144
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 12 pm

Dates and Deadlines

Lecture Period, Lecture-Free Days/Holidays, Enrollment periods- overview on all dates and deadlines of each semester