Higher Education Entrance Qualification
If you would like to study at TUM, you must hold a higher education entrance qualification (HZB) or show proof of a professional qualification. Entrance qualifications for a university of applied science (Fachhochschulreife) alone do not fulfill the requirements for admission to study at TUM.
German Higher Education Entrance Qualification
- Applicants who have received their higher education entrance qualification in Germany or at a German school (i.e. a school offering a German Abitur) abroad
International higher education entrance qualification
- Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification abroad
- Applicants who have received their university entrance qualification at an international school in Germany.
Qualified professionals as well as qualified tradespersons and the equivalent
- Tradespersons as well as their equivalents are granted general university admission.
- Qualified professionals are offered admission to subject-specific higher education if, after having successfully completed their studies, they have completed at least two years of vocational training and, subsequently, at least three years of full-time professional work experience - each in the desired technically-related field.
Advising and Information
You have questions about application, admission or administrative matters?
Please have your applicant or enrollment number ready.
Write us an email:
Give us a call:
+49 89 289 22245
Monday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Tuesday to Friday: 9 am - 1 pm
Arcisstr. 21, Room 144
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 12 pm
Lecture Period, Lecture-Free Days/Holidays, Enrollment periods- overview on all dates and deadlines of each semester