Executive MBA in Innovation and Business Creation
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
This Executive MBA is designed to deliver an outstanding entrepreneurship program for professionals. It combines an excellent academic management education with individual start-up and innovation advisory, providing an excellent opportunity to acquire and develop entrepreneurial skills.TUM School of Management
Information on Degree Program
The Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation combines the strengths of the Technical University of Munich with the entrepreneurial expertise of UnternehmerTUM, Center for Innovation and Business Creation at TUM. The program connects an excellent academic management education with hands-on start-up coaching in a world-class innovation ecosystem. The Executive MBA is designed for entrepreneurs, upcoming business founders, corporate innovators and executive managers interested in a general management education with a special focus on innovation management, entrepreneurship and business model development. The program offers support and advisory for the development of business ideas and start-ups, providing an excellent opportunity to acquire and develop entrepreneurial skills. During a study visit to Berkeley, San Francisco and the Bay Area, participants gain international experience and establish contacts with start-ups, high-tech companies and venture capitalists.
The program consists of learning modules and project modules: In the learning modules, participants develop their management skills and sharpen their entrepreneurial understanding on Strategy & Organization, Entrepreneurship, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Sales & Operations, Leadership & Cooperation as well as Innovation Management. In the project modules, participants learn how to realize new business opportunities – from the development of the business model to market entry. Overall, the program includes 64 course days, which take place over 1.5 years on a part-time basis (mainly every 3-4weeks from Thursday to Sunday). Small interdisciplinary groups, a good faculty-participant-ratio and project-based work with intensive advisory provide an ideal learning environment.
Required language skills for admission:
You need sufficient English language skills if you wish to apply for this program. Evidence of your language proficiency has to be submitted before the end of the application deadline. Learn more about recognized certificates and other ways to prove your English language skills.
This evidence of your language proficiency confirms that you comply with the minimum language requirements for admission to the program. Depending on the program and your individual background, it may be necessary for you to keep working on your language skills during your studies. Be sure to take a look at the services of our Language Center.
Language of instruction:
The language of instruction for this program is English.
Graduates of the “Executive Master of Business Administration in Innovation & Business Creation” develop a strong entrepreneurial identity and acquire the necessary management skills and tools to develop and implement business models.
After having completed the Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation, students are particularly qualified for tasks with a strong entrepreneurial focus. Graduates are just as much prepared for founding their own company as they are for the implementation of innovation projects within an established organization. After successfully completing the program, students have acquired the following competences, skills and knowledge.
- Have a clear understanding of concepts, tools and methods of strategic management and are capable of analyzing, evaluating and applying different business strategies and strategic options;
- Are familiar with existing business architectures and equipped to understand and integrate different models;
- Possess the experience to develop business models and put them into practice;
- Are capable to evaluate, implement and drive innovation processes in companies and organizations;
- Have an intercultural understanding, which allows them to master situations and challenges in global markets;
- Have a broad and interdisciplinary knowledge base and are therefore capable of evaluating and overcoming challenges in fast growing markets;
- Know how to work with and lead different people in a goal-oriented and cooperative manner due to reflected experience from practical team work.
Binding Regulations for Progression of Studies, Examinations and Application
Application and Admission
The First Step to Your Executive MBA in Innovation & Business Creation: Your Application
- Graduate degree (Bachelor or similar)
- At least 3 years of working experience
- English language proficiency
- Complete application including all required documents
- Successful admission interview
- Consultation (by telephone or in person)
- Submission of the application documents
- Invitation to a personal interview
- Application for Admission (upload - signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma or Subject and Grade Transcript of Studies to Date
- Complete and Current Résumé
- Proof of at least 3 Years of Professional Experience
- Letter of Motivation
- Preliminary Documentation (VPD) if the qualification for graduate studies (e.g. a bachelor's) is obtained outside the EU/EEA
We may require additional documents depending on your educational background and your country of origin. Complete the online application to receive a comprehensive list of the required documents.
- Application for Enrollment (signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma (certified copy)
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
We may require additional documents depending on the type of educational background you earned and your country of origin. After accepting an offer of admission in TUMonline, you will receive a list of documents you must submit to TUM in hardcopy for enrollment.
Applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, the online application starts on October 1st each year. In order to get a place in the program we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please note that this Executive MBA Program requires a special tuition fee. For more information, please click here.