Oskar Karl Forster Scholarship for Books and Learning Materials
This scholarship fund is administered by the state of Bavaria on behalf of the late Consul Oskar Karl Forster and is made available through the TUM
Financial aid for books and learning materials for students with university entrance certificates from Germany and students with non-German university entrance certificates who are entitled to BAföG assistance
€100 to €500
Because of the current situation please send your complete application during the application deadline via email to email@example.com and send the original documents via post to:
TUM Center for Study and Teaching
Beiträge und Stipendien
Who Can Apply
Students with university entrance certificates from Germany and abroad
Currently-enrolled undergraduate and graduate students
During the leave of absence the scholarship won´t be paid.
You can find futher Information about the scholarship for studying with a child at the Studentenhilfe München.
- Academically-outstanding or students demonstrating financial need, who have completed at least two semesters at the TUM
Please note because of the current situation:
TUM grade report (can be downloaded from TUMonline)
- Bachelor or Masterstudents of the 3rd or higher semester can upload the Transcript of records of the summer term 19
- Master students of the 2nd semester can upload their Bachelor degree in german or english. If it´s a foreign degree, please also upload the VPD from uni-assist
- Low income (proof of need): All students who receive financial assistance under the BAföG Act are automatically considered to have a financial need. If not, the applicants parents and the applicants income will be considered and must be below 200% of the allowance pursuant to Section 1 BAföG. This amount decreases by the amount of income the applicant earns.
- No prior financial aid received from the Oskar Karl Forster scholarship fund
Please note: During a leave of absence due to important reasons such as pregnancy or the care and upbringing of a child, no support via this scholarship is possible. The Studentenhilfe München offers a scholarship for studying with a child (German).
Application must be submitted to the TUM scholarship office in Munich or the administrative office of the Weihenstephan campus from April 15, 2020 to April 30, 2020 for the summer semester, and from October 01, 2020 to October 15, 2020 for the winter semester.
Please refrain from inquiries regarding your application status. You will receive the result by middle of June / middle of November.
Please be aware that all the receipts of the books and learning materials must be handed in at latest until the 31st of July for summer semester, and the 27th of November for winter semester. If not, we can´t pay out the scholarship.
Point of contact at the TUM
Frau Po Sang Lam