Have you been admitted to a Master's degree program at Technical University of Munich? You want to prepare as best as you can for your studies? Then our Pre-Study Course for international students is the right offer for you. The course helps you to get started at TUM. You get to know your future university, improve your German language skills, and get practical hints for your student life in Munich.
Facts and Figures
Next course: September 4th to September 29th 2017 (four weeks)
- Target group: international master's students new at TUM
- Prerequisite: Admission to a master's degree program at TUM
- Program fee: 800 €
- Places: 60
- Application will start in May 2017 online
German Language & Culture
- Courses offered on different levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1-C2)
- Designed to improve communication skills and facilitate interaction in everyday life
- 80 course hours in total, 4 ECTS point
Settling down at TUM and in Munich
- Practical support (e.g. residence office, bank account, student heath insurance)
- Workshop program: Soft Skills and Intercultural Communication
- Social events (Welcome and farewell events, get-togethers)
- Course language: English
- Accommodation in a student dorm
- Health insurance for the period of the Pre-Study course
- Rent of Cafeteria card
- Monthly or weekly passes for the MVV (Munich public transport)
- Local tutors help you feel at home in Munich and at TUM
Schedule of last year's program
Excursions & Culture (optional)
Our tutors will organize excursions and cultural activities on evenings and weekends in September. You can sign up for each event independently at the beginning of the Pre-Study Course.
The program for social and cultural activities will be released some weeks in advance of the course. Please note: you will need to pay for the entrances and train tickets on the day of the event.
Apply online for the Pre-Study Course and take your first steps toward successful study at TUM. The next application period will start in May 2017.
Be sure to fill out your application completely.
- Admission letter from TUM
Please note: Incomplete applications and those submitted after the deadline cannot be taken into consideration. You will receive an email to confirm that your application was successfully submitted.
Contact Pre-Study Course
Arcisstr. 21, room 0577C, building 0505 (map)
Ms. Isabell Fischer
Tel.: +49 89 289 25544
Consultation by appointment (phone or email)
Lee Mei Hui
If you are thinking of enriching your life exposure, getting new friends, learning more about other cultures and lifestyles, experiencing life in Germany...then you are definitely on the right track! The excursions and workshops organized by the university were awesome and very educational. It’s an eye opener for me to see a different world and it will remain as a deep memory for the rest of my life. Danke schön TUM!