Have you been admitted to a Master's degree program at Technical University of Munich? You want to prepare as best as you can for your studies? Then our Pre-Study Course for international students is the right offer for you. The course helps you to get started at TUM. You get to know your future university, improve your German language skills, and get practical hints for your student life in Munich.
Facts and Figures
Next course: 03. - 28. September 2018
- Target group: international master's students new at TUM
- Prerequisite: Admission to a master's degree program at TUM
- Program fee: 850 € (information on fees and payment: costs)
- Included in the program: German langauge course, workshops, accommodation, social events
- Places: 65
- Application: you can apply online for the Pre-Study Course
You can apply online for the Pre-Study Course 2018.
Checklist for your application
Be sure to fill in your application completely.
- Admission letter from TUM
Please note: Incomplete applications and those submitted after the deadline cannot be taken into consideration. You will receive an email to confirm that your application was submitted successfully.
- Accommodation in a student dorm of the Munich Student Union
- Health insurance for the period of the Pre-Study course
- Rent of Cafeteria card
- Monthly or weekly passes for the inner district of Munich with MVV (Munich public transport)
- Local tutors help you feel at home in Munich and at TUM
German Language and Culture
- Courses offered on different levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1-C2)
- Designed to improve communication skills and facilitate interaction in everyday life
- 80 course hours in total, 4 ECTS points
Settling down at TUM and in Munich
- Practical support (e.g. residence office, bank account, student health insurance)
- Workshop program: soft skills and intercultural communication
- Social events (welcome and farewell events, international evening, etc)
- Course language: English
Cultural Program and Excursions (optional)
Our tutors will organize excursions and cultural activities on evenings and weekends in September. You can sign up for each event independently at the beginning of the Pre-Study Course.
The program calendar for social and cultural activities will be released some weeks in advance of the course. We will also provide information about additional costs that occur for the particular activities (entry fees, train tickets etc).
During the Pre-Study Course, participants will be accommodated in single rooms at a student dorm. Accommodation is included in the program fee. Here you can find more information about the facilities and the location of the dorms.
Program fee and payment
The program fee for the Pre-Study Course amounts to 850 €. The program fee needs to be paid only after admission to the Pre-Study Course (approx. May/ June). You can find more information about the fee, included services and terms of payment here.
Review: Program calendar 2017
Below you can find the program calendar for the Pre-Study Course 2017. Please note that changes in the program are possible.
Impressions of the Pre-Study Course
Contact Pre-Study Course
Gabelsbergerstraße 45, room 305, building 0203 (map)
Ms. Isabell Fischer
Tel.: +49 89 289 25544
Consultation by appointment (phone or email)