Two innovative Technical University of Munich (TUM) teaching projects are to receive millions of euros in funding from Germany's "Stiftung Innovation in der Hochschullehre" (Innovation in Higher Education Teaching). The hyteQ project will develop and implement modern hybrid teaching formats combining on-campus teaching with Educational Technology. The alliance project QUADIS will serve to intensify collaboration on university didactics among Bavarian universities.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines top-class facilities for cutting-edge research with unique learning opportunities for 45,356 students. The spectrum of disciplines represented at the university includes medicine, engineering, the natural and life sciences, as well as political and social sciences and management. It is one of the biggest technical universities in Germany and one of eleven German Universities of Excellence.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Hygiene concept: FFP2 mask required, free quick and self-tests and more:www.tum.de/en/corona/studies
- The application deadlines for undergraduate programs (bachelor's degrees and teaching degree), which regularly end on July 15, will be extended once for the winter semester 2021/22 until July 31, 2021.
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the summer semester 2021.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
News from the Campus
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) will launch five new degree programs in the upcoming winter semester. TUM is expanding its course offerings in the new Department of Aerospace and Geodesy as well as in the interdisciplinary field of management, technology and sustainability.
TUM has more than 40,000 students, 10,000 employees and countless alumni – a huge potential for innovation and creativity. They can all contribute their ideas to the Academicus Ideas Competition. Whether it's about more culture on campus, digital formats in teaching or more space for bikes: every idea for improving teaching, studying and campus life is welcome. The current round of Academicus runs until July 31, 2021.
No other German university has more "Deutschlandstipendium" scholarship holders than TUM. Over the past 10 years, the scholarship program served to support talented students who, in addition to their studies, are also involved socially – and they benefit from more than just financial help: The scholarship holders and the sponsors form a unique network.
The standard is high: TUM is committed to nothing less than bringing together excellent research and teaching - teaching at the cutting edge of science. On 11 May, lecturers from all schoools and departments will come together to exchange ideas and experiences on good teaching in virtual space at the Summer Teaching Forum.