What does sustainability mean? What is being done about it at TUM today? And what does a sustainable future look like at TUM? Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation Prof. Gerhard Kramer speaks about this in an interview. The Sustainability Office founded in spring 2020 is based in his area.
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines top-class facilities for cutting-edge research with unique learning opportunities for 45,356 students. The spectrum of disciplines represented at the university includes medicine, engineering, the natural and life sciences, as well as political and social sciences and management. It is one of the biggest technical universities in Germany and one of eleven German Universities of Excellence.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Hygiene concept: FFP2 mask required, free quick and self-tests and more:www.tum.de/en/corona/studies
- The application deadlines for undergraduate programs (bachelor's degrees and teaching degree), which regularly end on July 15, will be extended once for the winter semester 2021/22 until July 31, 2021.
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the summer semester 2021.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
- Please note: For the winter semester 2021/22, Corona-related special regulations do no longer apply.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
News from the Campus
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) takes gender equality very seriously . The university has implement numerous measures in support of women at a variety of career levels. On the occasion of International Women's Day, a new program has been presented that will increase the embarrassingly small number of women among TUM lecturers.
At stake: a science-focused high-tech race that happens underground. TUM Boring – a student group at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) – is taking part in the contest, launched by US billionaire Elon Musk, to develop the world’s fastest tunnel boring machine. And the team has already scored a big success: TUM Boring has qualified for the final in California this summer. In an interview, Haokun Zheng, one of the team leaders, explains the challenges facing the students.
Graduates from the Technical University of Munich (TUM) will be able to gain valuable professional experience as trainees at the European Patent Office (EPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO). The Offices and the TUM agreed on a Memorandum of Understanding to that effect.
For the third time, a company spun out of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) has been valued by investors at 1 billion dollars or more. After Celonis and Lilium, Personio has achieved the "unicorn" status. The company provides software that enables small and mid-sized companies to digitalize their HR processes.