Offers for prospective and first-year students
You are interested in studying at TUM – but don't know yet which degree program suits you best? You like to refresh your math skills or experience a lecture hall for the first time? Here you will find relevant offers and information.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Wearing masks and registering with the Contact-Tracing-System QRONITON is mandatoy.
- The lecture period in the winter semester 2020/21 starts on 02 November 2020 and ends on 12 February 2021. An exception applies to medicine.
- Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of today, courses planned in attendance on campus can be carried out.
- Applicants for Master's programs who do not receive final graduation documents of their undergraduate program (e.g. Bachelor's degree) in time for enrollment due to the corona situation can also be provisionally enrolled for the winter semester 2020/21 with a final transcript or a preliminary diploma.Certified copies of the final graduation documents must be submitted within the winter semester 2020/21. Further information on application and registration can be found here.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, our service points and other offices are only partially open for the public. You can also contact us by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
ExploreTUM is a low threshold gateway to university orientation in STEM subjects. Together with our schools and other institutions we want to open up perspectives, create enthusiasm and give a realistic insight into STEM studies. At ExploreTUM, you will find events, information and other services for prospective students as well as their parents and teachers.
Preparatory Courses and Additional Training
If you want to freshen up your knowledge of mathematics before you start your studies, there are many options open to you. The Faculty of Mathematics offers special holiday and preparatory courses for many degree programs as well as for certain groups of students.
TUM offers numerous other opportunities to acquire useful skills and competences for study and work – from language courses, courses on intercultural communication or scientific work to software courses and seminars on entrepreneurship.
Offers for International Students
The student academic advising and the TUM schools and departments organize numerous events aimed especially at international first-year students for better orientation.
The pre-study course is aimed at international students already admitted to a master’s program at TUM and wanting to fully prepare themselves before their studies at TUM begin.