Central Administrative Offices
TUM has established a set of central administrative offices charged with all organizational matters pertaining to teaching and learning. Every decision and change management process is handled by advisory boards, which promotes transparency and traceability, and ensures that all parties concerned are involved from the start.
Academic Affairs Board (Vorstand Lehre)
The Academic Affairs Board, a small executive panel that meets six times per year and as necessary, convenes ad hoc task forces to handle current issues and report on the implementation of solution strategies.
This board comprises of four Deans for academic affairs who represent the respective TUM campus location, the spokesperson of the Deans of academic affairs, two student representatives, and one representative of the Assembly of Academic Staff Members, as well as a representative of the Degree Program Management Committee. Chaired by the Senior Vice-President for Academic and Student Affairs, this commission is the advisory panel for all activities and projects concerning teaching and learning at TUM.
Current members of the Academic Affairs Board:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Müller, Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
- Prof. Dr. Pascal Berberat, Chair, Deans of Studies
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Kienberger, Chairperson of the Deans of Academic Affairs, Campus Faculty Representative for Garching campus
- Prof. Dr. Harald Luksch, Deputy Chairperson of the Deans of Academic Affairs, Campus Faculty Representative for TUM School of Life Sciences
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Freudenstein, Campus Faculty Representative for Munich campus
- Prof. Dr. Cordt Zollfrank, Campus Faculty Representative for Straubing campus
- Dr. Johannes Petermeier, Assembly of Academic Staff Members
- Dr. Thomas Wagner, Degree Program Management Committee Representative
- Hanya Elhashemy, TUM Student Council, Student Union (AStA)
- Sandra Paßreiter, TUM Student Council, Student Union (AStA)
Academic Affairs Council
The Academic Affairs Council is the decision-making board where issues relating to teaching and learning are resolved. Headed by the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, this council comprises the members of the Academic Affairs Board, all further deans for academic affairs, the Women's Affairs Officer, and two student representatives. Here, the conclusions reached by the Academic Affairs Boards and its task forces are submitted for resolution.