University and libraries closed, studying from home, social distancing... The coronavirus presents us all with new challenges. Thus, we would like to offer support to help you get along well during the summer semester, despite the changed circumstances.
Therefore, our colleagues at all of the central counselling centers are still available to provide help via email, telephone and – in most cases – also via video chat. In addition, there is a wide range of online materials and, wherever possible, the planned classroom sessions have already been converted to digital formats.
Here, you will find a collection of helpful counselling services:
- Do you have questions about a particular Bachelor's or Master's program – or are you thinking of reorienting yourself? The General Student Advising is the first, central point of contact for all study-related questions and will help you to find the right contact person for various issues.
- Are you wondering how online learning from home can actually work well? The Learning Competence Team at ProLehre | Media and Didactics has put together a collection of helpful tips for successful online learning – from workplace design to time management. In addition, you can access a virtual workshop and several consulting services.
- Do you need continuous support during the semester, e.g. to improve your handling of high performance requirements or to get a grip on chronic procrastination behavior? You can choose between individual advice and group settings for learning and examination coaching.
- Would you like to receive further training in the area of personality development & self-management? All workshops in the area of self-competence and TUM4Mind are available to you in virtual form, combining input by experienced trainers with interactive exchange within the group.
- Do you sometimes ask yourself how you are supposed to get through your studies "healthy"? On the pages of the student health management system TUM4Health, you will find not only information on exercise and nutrition, but also hints and advice from students for students in times of Corona.
- Are you studying with a child/children and may be uncertain about the great challenge of continuing your studies parallel to childcare at home? The TUM Family Service will provide you with news and useful information. In addition to individual counselling, we offer student parents the opportunity to exchange using our new chat channel #chancengleichheit.
- Are you affected by a chronic somatic or mental illness, or do you have any questions regarding a possible compensation for disadvantages? The Service Centre for Disabled and Chronically Ill Students will be happy to help you with these and similar questions.
- Do you need support with regard to mental challenges or study-related problems? The Psychotherapeutic and Psychosocial Counseling Office of the Munich Student Union is available for individual telephone counseling sessions. In addition, the Munich Student Union offers a variety of other services, such as general and social counseling.
- Do you feel overwhelmed or helpless? Are you in a mental crisis? At the Krisendienst (crisis support), experienced experts are available to help you with an open ear, to clarify your individual situation with you, and to organize further support measures if necessary.