- Application period:
will be announced in the spring 2019
Attention: since we have changed to a new software this year, we ask all applicants to follow the instructions in the application form only. For example, no data protection declaration needs to be uploaded this year; this is integrated into the new system as a check box at the end of the application.
- Period of scholarship:
300 Euro per month
- Exclusion criteria:
In October 2019, you must not have exceeded the standard period of study stipulated for your degree programme. The entry on the matriculation certificate is decisive.
During the funding period, they may not receive any further aptitude and performance-oriented support of an average of 30 € or more per month. In other words, while receiving funding from the German National Scholarship, they may not receive any other merit based scholarship over the amount of 30€ a month.
A promotion to a doctorate is not possible in the German National Scholarship.
Deutschlandstipendium: how to apply
Important facts for uploading your documents
The selection process (July-October) is as follows:
- Verification of the data provided and automated ranking (departments and GPA).
- Evaluation of "other" criteria (in accordance with § 3 StipG, e.g. voluntary social commitment, readiness to take on responsibility, special family circumstances, etc.).
- The applications are presented to the selection committee that will then determine a proposal list. The final decision will be made by the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Müller.
- You will receive an e-mail to accept the scholar within 14 days. If you don´t accept the scholarship you will no longer be entitled to the German National Scholarship.
- AFTER the scholarship students have been selected, some of the sponsors will be granted advisors' rights (§ 2 StipG), but only concerning the matching of students and sponsors. For data privacy reasons, TUM will not send student applications to third parties. Selected student motivation letters and CVs can only be accessed at the TUM and subsequent to having signed a non-disclosure agreement. Information on psychological and physical limitations will NOT be made accessible to any third party.
- Rejection will be sent out at the end of November via email. You can also look up the rejection at the application portal.
According to the German Scholarship Law (StipG - German only), private sponsors may appropriate two-thirds of their scholarships to a particular field or course of studies.
Non-appropriated scholarships will be distributed proportionally among ALL departments.
Can I apply although my TUM application is still pending?
Yes. Everybody who intends to enroll at TUM for a full program the upcoming winter term can apply. Instead of your GPA at TUM we will need your B.Sc. certificate and final grade or high school diploma and final grade, etc.