TUM Entrepreneurship Day 2019
24.06.2019, Foyer Audimax
On 24 June 2019 we celebrate entrepreneurship at the Technical University of Munich. Be there and experience the TUM Start-up spirit first hand! Get informed about consulting offers, get in touch with start-up teams, industry partners and our start-up consultants and get to know the TUM Incubator.
Food and drinks will be provided!
19:00h: Award ceremony Video Competition & Pitch Competition
19:15h: Award ceremony TUM Presidential Entrepreneurship Award
20:00h: Networking at the start-up fair
Location: Foyer Audimax, Arcisstraße 21, 80333 Munich
Application and Conditions of Participation
Pitch Perfect - Live Pitch Competition
You are a TUM high-tech start-up and you know what it takes to give the perfect pitch? Then Pitch Perfect - the Live Pitch Competition is the right format for you. On 24 June 2019 six finalists will pitch live at the annual TUM Entrepreneurship Day (E-Day) aiming for the chance to win up to 7,000 Euro prize money (jury prize of 5,000 Euro and/or audience prize of 2,000 Euro).
What are the conditions of participation?
- At least one team member is a student, scientist, employee or alumnus of the TUM
- You are a technology or knowledge-based start-up with a specific product or service
- Your team is already complete and you know your market, customers, competitors and your USP
- Your start-up is somewhere between the seed and growth phase and was founded no longer than 2 years ago
Sounds good? Then please send your application documents to entrepreneurship.day(at)tum.de no later than 30 May 2019; keyword "Pitch Perfect 2019".
Application documents to be submitted:
- English pitch deck including the following elements: team, problem, solution, product, USP, market, competitors
- Video in which you show your pitch competence (max. 2min., in English)
- Presentation slide (one-pager) for the live pitch during E-Day
Data protection notice: please note that the pitch and the presentation slide will be presented at public event. If you have any legal questions in that regard, please contact the Patents & Licenses Department (patent(at)tum.de).
At this year's TUM Entrepreneurship Day on 24 June 2019 you will once again have the opportunity to present yourself to the public at the Start-up Fair. Showcase your new technologies, products/services and prototypes to the fair participants. Use the opportunity to get in touch with interested tech talents, scientists, industry experts and potential investors. Connect with other entrepreneurs and exchange ideas and views.
Who can participate?
Founding teams and start-ups before and after founding can participate. The requirement is that at least one team member is a student, scientist, employee or alumnus of TUM.
Save yourself one of the sought after spots and register for the start-up fair no later than 10 June 2019!
Problems worth Solving - Video Pitch Competition
Application for the video competition „Problems worth Solving“
Win cash for your problem!
Did you identify an interesting problem that bothers you, your community or the world? A problem that might turn into an idea for a tech startup? If so, join the competition Problems worth Solving! Get the chance to win 1000 euro.
Who can participate?
- At least one team member must be a student, a PhD, an employee or an alumnus of TUM.
- The problem does not originate from a start-up you already founded.
- You can take part in the competition as an individual or a team.
Which deliverable to hand in?
A short video (max. 90 seconds) in English language that illustrates the problem very clearly:
- What is the problem?
- Who has this problem?
- What are the reasons for this problem?
- Why is it important to address this problem?
Let your imagination run free during the video creation! Convince the community and us in a creative way, why your problem is worth solving. E.g. in the style of a role-play, marketing trailer or news cover.
How does the application work?
Become part of the problem solver community and upload your video into Slack until latest 10 June 2019!
- Join the slack community: https://join.slack.com/t/utum-techtalents/signup
- Join the channel problem_worth_solving
- Upload your video into this channel
- Starting on 12 June 2019, the community can vote for the videos on YouTube within 48 hours. The 10 videos with the most likes make it to the next round.
- Out of these 10 videos the best three are selected and presented on stage during the TUM Entrepreneurship Day on 24 June 2019. Afterwards the winner will be announced.
Please note: TUM will upload your video into a YuoTube channel, where the voting will happen! Your video will not appear in the search list, but will be viewable by everyone with the link.