- Application Link: https://deutschlandstipendium.tum.de/bewerben
- Application period:
Attention: Please follow the instructions in the application form only. For example, no data protection declaration needs to be uploaded this year.
- Period of scholarship:
300 Euro per month
- Exclusion criteria:
In October 2019, you must not have exceeded the standard period of study stipulated for your degree programme. The entry on the matriculation certificate is decisive.
During the funding period, they may not receive any further aptitude and performance-oriented support of an average of 30 € or more per month. In other words, while receiving funding from the German National Scholarship, they may not receive any other merit based scholarship over the amount of 30€ a month.
A promotion to a doctorate is not possible in the German National Scholarship.
Please Note: If the WiSe is the last semester of your standard duration of study the scholarship will be paid out until March. (An extension must be requested and will be decided indivualy §7 StipG)
Further Informations about the application:
The application for the German National Scholarship is an online application
You can start the online application with your enrollment number.
If you don´t have a enrollment number yet, you can apply with your applicant number.
Please read all important informations before you start the application.
More Informations can be found here: www.deutschlandstipendium.de
Deutschlandstipendium: how to apply
Important facts for uploading your documents
Can I apply although my TUM application is still pending?
Yes. Everybody who intends to enroll at TUM for a full program the upcoming winter term can apply. Instead of your GPA at TUM we will need your B.Sc. certificate and final grade or high school diploma and final grade, etc.
- Length: max. 1-1,5 page
- content: explain why you should get the scholarship
- Important in special cases: Please describe all informations in your applications (for example: social engagement, personal circumstances) in detail.
- If you already got the German National Scholarship in the past you can report from your experience
- updatet resumé (1-2 pages)
Certificate of performance
If you are currently applying for a Bachelor´s Degree Programs at the TUM please type in your higher education entrance qualification (HZB) into the online application. If your higher education entrance qualification (HZB) is from a foreign country please use the same "uni-assist-grade" as for the application of the Bachelor´s degree programm on TUMonline.
If you are currently applying for a Master´s Degree Programs at the TUM please type in your B.Sc. degree. If the grade is not available yet please type in your average grade on your transcript of records.
IF your Bachelor degree is not from the EU or is from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss please type in your "uni-assist-grade".
If you are currently enrolled at the TUM all credits until WiSe 18/19 will be considered. Only grades which are mandatory according to the examination regulations of your study course will be considered.
for example if you ticked "yes" at the online application you can upload following certificates:
- Confirmation volunatry social commitment
- medical certificates
- Working contract
Most of the aspects can only be considered if the certificates are attached.
Please don´t send any requests about the German National Scholarship to the Secretary of your department or institute. Don´t ask for reports of your professor because they won´t be considered.
What happens after you submitted your application?
Here you can find more information what happens after your application
The selection process (July-October) is as follows:
- Verification of the data provided and automated ranking (departments and GPA).
- Evaluation of "other" criteria (in accordance with § 3 StipG, e.g. voluntary social commitment, readiness to take on responsibility, special family circumstances, etc.).
- The applications are presented to the selection committee that will then determine a proposal list. The final decision will be made by the Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerhard Müller.
- You will receive an e-mail to accept the scholar within 14 days (september-october). If you don´t accept the scholarship you will no longer be entitled to the German National Scholarship.
- If you didn´t get any informations yet you are on the waiting list. Please be aware that we can´t give any furthr information about the waitling list.
- AFTER the scholarship students have been selected, some of the sponsors will be granted advisors' rights (§ 2 StipG), but only concerning the matching of students and sponsors. For data privacy reasons, TUM will not send student applications to third parties. Selected student motivation letters and CVs can only be accessed at the TUM and subsequent to having signed a non-disclosure agreement. Information on psychological and physical limitations will NOT be made accessible to any third party.
- Rejection will be sent out at the end of November via email. You can also look up your status at the application portal.
According to the German Scholarship Law (StipG - German only), private sponsors may appropriate two-thirds of their scholarships to a particular field or course of studies.
Non-appropriated scholarships will be distributed proportionally among ALL departments.