TUM – Technical University of Munich Menu

How to find accommodation

It’s not easy to find a place to live in Munich – but it’s not impossible either! The Technical University of Munich (TUM) supports students and staff in their search for accommodation, providing personal advice, in-house listings and useful information to ensure that you can quickly find a place to call your own.

No agency fee: Apartments on offer available to students and staff of the university. Inserting an ad is free for both landlords and prospective tenants. Listings

Find a place quickly: Our glossary helps you decode classified ads. And you will find helpful links on living expenses and more.
Tips for finding accommodation

Halls of residence

Most of the student halls of residence are run by the Munich Student Union (Studen­ten­werk München). There are also halls run by social and private organizations. The university itself does not run any halls of residence. Halls of residence

Private accomodation

Room, apartment, shared flat: Most TUM students and employees find their ac­com­modation privately. Many have made friends for life by opting for a shared flat (known as a WG in German). Private accomodation

Hotels and youth hostels

If you’re only staying for a short time – attending a conference, or while looking for accom­modation – there are plenty of hotels and youth hostels available. Hotels and youth hostels


The university can offer a limited number of apartments to international visiting researchers: Guesthouses

Services for international researchers

How to find accommodation: We provide support and advice to international researchers who are new to our university: professors, postdocs and doctoral canidates, including isiting academics.
Make use of our services for finding accommodation