The innovation metropolis at the heart of Europe forms the vibrant center of TUM Our university was founded here in 1868 – and today, it encompasses several facilities across the city.
Our historical home site in Munich’s Maxvorstadt disctrict, between Königsplatz and the Pinakotheken art museums, is surroundes by research and institutions and home to several schools and deparments.
Main building and postal address
Tel.: +49 89 289 01 (switch board)
Fax: +49 89 289 22000
Central offers for students and employees with points of contact on the city center campus. You will find the service offices for the schools and faculties on their respective websites.
- University library: Main campus branch library
- Student Advising and Information Services (TUM Center for Study and Teaching)
- Support and advice for students – overview
- IT Service Center
- TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning
- Global & Alumni Office
- Language Center
- Family Service
- Lost and found
- … search for further units: TUMonline
TUM lies inside Munich’s university district – with numerous cafés and restaurants close at hand. Munich’s Student Union runs several catering options right on the campus.