Application for International Applicants

Learn about everything you need to know as an international applicant.

Who is “international”?

In terms of applying to TUM, international refers to the country where you have completed your secondary school or your undergraduate studies. It does not refer to your country of origin or the place you live.

International means

  • when applying to a bachelor's degree program: You have completed your secondary school education outside of Germany with something other than a German Abitur. Learn more
  • when applying to a master's degree program: You have completed your undergraduate studes (i.e. your bachelor's) outside of the EU, EEA or Switzerland.
Glossary of Documents

All you need to know about application documents

Application for a bachelor's degree program

All information on how to apply for a Bachelor’s degree program for internationals.

Application for a master's degree program

All information on how to apply for a Master's degree program for internationals.

At a glance: What you need to know

Apply for a preliminary documentation

You need to have your qualification verified by uni-assist.

Prove your language skills

You always need to prove your language proficiency when applying.

Have your documents notarized and translated

Everything you need to know about correct notarization and translation.

Check if you need visa

Be sure to check the visa regulations for your country, and contact your local German embassy as early as possible

Dates and Deadlines

Lecture period, lecture-free days, or enrollment periods – all semester dates and deadlines at a glance.

FAQs about your studies at TUM

Find answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Student Advising and Information Services

+ 49 89 289 22245 

Please observe the e-mail etiquette.

Personal advising sessions with General Student Advising by appointment

Service Desk

Campus Munich
Arcisstraße 21, Room 0144
80333 München

Monday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Friday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.