Please note: Due to delivery problems with chip cards, there have been delays in printing Student Cards and MediCards. All outstanding cards will be produced and mailed in the coming days.
Sealed and signed enrollment certificates will no longer be issued as a replacement MVV certificate. Until you receive your Student Card, you can of course continue to use the sealed and signed enrollment certificate issued by TUM if you have already received one.
- Your Student Card will be sent to you automatically after successful enrollment if you have entered a German address in TUMonline. There you can also view the status of your order. A personal pick-up is currently not possible.
- Please note: If you have been enrolled for several semesters and the “my TUM-Card” app in TUMonline already shows an active card, but you have not yet received a Student Card, please contact the student information by e-mail.
- If you are enrolled in a joint degree program (e.g. Bioinformatics, Theoretical Physics), please contact the student information by e-mail.
- If you are enrolled as a guest auditor, you are not eligible for a Student Card.
When will the Student Card be sent to me?
- You will receive the Student Card by mail in time for the beginning of the semester. Please contact the student information only if you have not received your Student Card after this date.
- Please note that if you enroll after the start of the semester, you will not have your Student Card for the beginning of the semester. This means that it is not possible to use the semester ticket from the beginning of the semester but only from the time when you are enrolled and have actually received your card.
You will receive the Student Card as soon as you are fully enrolled at TUM for the respective semester and have received a notification from us by e-mail.
- In case you changed your study program at TUM or get re-enrolled, a new Student Card will not be printed automatically. The previous Student Card can simply be re-activated at any validation machine. If you do not have your old Student Card anymore or if it is defective, please ask for a new Student Card at the student information by e-mail.
You need to apply by e-mail to studium(at)tum.de if you would like to request the re-issuing of the card. Please include “Re-issue of Student Card” and your student number in the subject line, and include the address to which your new Student Card should be sent in the e-mail.
Re-issuing the card in case of loss or defect
- In case of loss, improper handling or negligent damage of the Student Card a fee of €15 will be charged for the reissue. You will receive a request for payment by e-mail.
Re-issuing the card in case of theft
- A new issue of the card is free of charge if you enclose a police theft report with your e-mail. Otherwise, a fee of €15 needs to be paid. You will receive a request for payment by e-mail.
If you return your Student Card – for example due to a defect – please note the chip number in advance or take a photo of your Student Card. The chip number is located on the right in the middle of your Student Card. It is only with this number that the Studentenwerk can allocate the remaining credit on the card.