The following provides an overview of German Research Foundation (DFG) priority programs coordinated by the Technical University of Munich.
- Priority programs (PP; short SPP for german ‘Schwerpunktprogramme’) are coordinated university programs that are funded by the German Research Foundation and typically run for six years.
- They aim to deliver tangible impetus for scientific development by providing coordinated support for important new research topics throughout Germany.
- The projects are characterized by their outstanding quality and focus on highly original topics and/or methodologies. They lay the foundations for emerging fields.
- In particular, the projects focus on supporting young scientists and promoting collaboration across different disciplines, fields, institutes and departments.
- These collaborations strengthen relationships between universities and other research institutes.
Visit the DFG website for more information about priority programs.
Speaker: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Sandra Hirche (Chair of Information-oriented Control, TUM School of Computation, Information and Technology)
Funding: since 2016
Speaker: Professor Dr. Christian Pfleiderer (Chair of Experimental Physics on the Topology of Correlated Systems, TUM School of Natural Sciences)
Funding: since 2018