Marcel Schneuer, who is studying Politics & Technology at TUM, is the Thuringia state poetry slam champion. How much time should he put into his hobby? Is there a job where he can combine both worlds – poetry slams and politics?
Studying at the Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) combines academic education at the cutting edge of current research with a lifelong commitment to education and an entrepreneurial mindset. Its unique range of disciplines includes engineering, natural sciences, life sciences, medicine, political and social sciences as well as management. As one of eleven German Universities of Excellence, it is one of the most renowned technical universities globally.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- “2G rule” for on-campus courses: access to on-campus courses only for students with proof of vaccination or recovery.
- “3G rule” for in-person exams: participation in in-peson exams only for students with proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative PCR or rapid test.
- Vaccination offers for students: www.tum.de/en/corona-vaccination
- Hygiene concept: mask mandate and contact tracing
- Please note the rules on notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area.
- Examination deadlines: study progress checks are extended again in winter semester 2021/22.
- Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
News from the Campus
Maria Matveev sees educational inequality as an enormous problem. The mathematics student has joined forces with fellow students to establish Lern-Fair, a platform to help disadvantaged pupils. It has already paired up 15,000 learning tandems – and many more volunteers are still needed.
Prof. Dr. med. Tilo Biedermann and Dr. Nada Sissouno have been awarded the Prize for Excellence in Teaching at public universities in Bavaria. Bavarian Minister of Science and the Arts Bernd Sibler honored the physician and the mathematician at the suggestion of the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
Discuss the climate, become a research professional at the university library, do something against potential procrastination: Current offers, dates and suggestions for our students at the turn of the year 2021/22.
When they first met at the TUM Think.Make.Start young entrepreneurs program, Vladislav Samoilov and Philipp Zent quickly found common ground: they are both passionate gamers. And now they are also entrepreneurs. Their startup – called Brainsight – could revolutionize the world of playtesting.