For the youngest members of our TUM family, a new and inspiring phase of their lives begins, and President Thomas F. Hofmann warmly welcomes them to our university – with the first-years’ event “Welcome@TUM.”
The first-years’ event will take place on October 17, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. (admission starts at 02:00 p.m.) in the open air on the square facing the Faculty Building Mathematics & Informatics (Boltzmannstr. 3) at Garching Campus. The campus is easily reachable by public transport via the U6 Garching Forschungszentrum and the event location is just a few steps away from the subway station.
First-year students will receive an invitation from the organizing team regarding the event. The number of participants on the event site is limited to 6,500 students. The first 1,000 students will receive a TUM hat as a gift (admission starts at 02:00 p.m.).
The event will be held in accordance with the applicable regulations of the framework concept of the BayStMWK for cultural events in the Corona pandemic. Please check this event website regularly for eventual updates.
The event will be held in English.
Admission start: 02:00 p.m.
Start of the event: 04:00 p.m.
President Thomas F. Hofmann will lead through the first-years’ event. The university management, the deans, as well as the student representatives and selected student initiatives will introduce themselves during the event. There will also be live music by the Munich band ,Capones' and beverages for the guests.
To stay up-to-date, you can also follow us on our social media channels.
Video messages of the first-years!
New students are invited to actively participate in Welcome@TUM by sending in a short video clip. The students' video clips will then become part of the event on October 17.
Short facts on the video clip
- If your video is selected among those sent in, we will cut it and show it at Welcome@TUM.
- Submission: send it via WeTransfer to email@example.com - there is no need to register with WeTransfer and the website's cookies do not have to be accepted. It is sufficient to include your name and e-mail address as sender
- It is absolutely necessary to include a filled out declaration of consent on WeTransfer regarding the video, otherwise the video cannot be used. You can find it under the following link.
- Deadline for entries is 10.10.2022
Eight guidelines for the video
- The question that should be answered in the video is: "At TUM I am most looking forward to..." - please say this sentence in the video
- Consider the size of your angle (how big are you shown)
- Background not too playful... but also not directly in front of a white wall
- Stand in the middle and frontal to the camera.
- Always look into the camera! (learn the text and please do not read it)
- Use landscape format 16:9
- Put the cell phone down (tripod - or e.g. put it on a shelf)
- Short text! (max. 20 sec) and around 100 MB file size
Upload the video with the declaration of consent via: www.wetransfer.com
Recipient on WeTransfer is the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do when you start your studies
We want you to get the best possible start to your studies. On this page you will find offers to get to know your campus, to network with other students and much more.
Our newsletter for students with important dates and information, interviews and stories from our campuses.