Research Units (FOR)
Below you find an overview of Research Units coordinated by the Technical University of Munich.
- Research Units (RU; short FOR for German ‘Forschungsgruppen’) are cooperative projects funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) for up to eight years.
- Research Units are research projects, which, in terms of thematic focus, duration and financial resources, go far beyond the funding options available under Individual Grants or Priority Programmes.
- Projects are required to be of high scientific quality and originality on an international level.
- Funding is to be applied for different modules; Emmy Noether Independent Junior Research Groups and Heisenberg grant holders may be associated.
- Research cooperation between universities and external partners are deepened through individual projects and modules both on a national and international level.
For further information on Research Units, please consult the website of the DFG.
Research Units coordinated by TUM
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Markus Klingenspor (Chair for Molecular Nutritional Medicine, TUM School of Life Sciences)
Funding: since 2022
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Matthias Nießner (Chair for Visual Computing at the Department for Informatics)
Funding: since 2021
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Christoph Gehlen (Chair for Materials Science and Testing, TUM School of Engineering and Design)
Funding: since 2019
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Karin Zachmann (Chair for History of Technology, TUM School of Social Sciences and Technology)
Funding: since 2017
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Dieter Langosch (Chair for Biopolymer Chemistry, TUM School of Life Sciences)
Funding: since 2015