Support during Studies
You are studying at TUM and you are looking for support with the challenges of your studies? Here you will find answers.
- The Student Information is your first point of contact for questions about studying at TUM. There you will receive the most important information and/or contact persons who can best help you with your request. The Student Information will advise you in German or English.
- Here you can find all important information about applying and studying at TUM.
- If you feel overwhelmed by the amount of learning, cannot motivate yourself or if exams cause too much stress, an Academic Coaching or one of our many learning workshops might be helpful.
- ProLehre offers support in learning methods and strategies with programs to enhance study skills.
- TUM's Language Center offers academic writing courses in German and English.
- Coachings are also offered by the religious communities and the Munich Student Union.
- If you are no longer sure whether your degree program is still the right one for you, the team of the General Student Advising is available to help you.
- The General Student Advising also supports you if you want to change your degree program. If you have any questions regarding the recognition of previous academic achievements when changing your degree program, please contact the respective departmental student advisor. You can find the contact persons in the search field at the bottom of this page.
- If you have any questions about examinations and their entry, you can contact the respective departmental student advising, the academic programs offices of the schools or the Graduation Office and Academic Records department. Here you will find an overview of all contact persons.
- If you are wondering which modules you should take when, when an internship or a stay abroad would be useful or if you have general questions about the organization of your studies, your respective departmental student advisors will help you. You can find them in the search field at the bottom of this pagen. The departmental student councils also offer support.
- At some schools, students have set up online forums where questions about studies, individual courses or the university in general can be asked and discussed, such as e.g. EEIT, the forum for students of Electrical and Computer Engineering (login required).
- For all questions regarding studying as an international student, the General Student Advising is at your disposal.
- In addition, the TUM has numerous special offers and information for international students.