Support for Researchers: Funding, Advice and Much More
The foundation of outstanding science is an inspiring environment and optimum general conditions for your research work: Discover our comprehensive range of advice and support services for our scientific staff.
- TUM ForTe – Office for Research and Innovation: We advise and support you when applying for national or international research funding programs as well as in the preliminary phase of research and business partnerships.
- TUM Global Incentive Fund: Discover start-up financing for international collaborative ventures.
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study – Focus Groups: Work as a TUM host together with an IAS Fellow and doctoral candidates on interdisciplinary research topics, with the support of TUM-IAS resources.
- German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future (GFA): Together with the Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT) in France, we promote cooperation between European research institutions and companies. We support you in finding partners or with funding for your project.
- TUM Innovation Networks: We facilitate pioneer spirit and transdisciplinary research – Learn more about funding possibilities for innovative research questions.
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study – Fellowships:Discover fellowship programs for leading international researchers from academia and industry.
- TUM Graduate School: Explore possibilities for doctoral candidates to obtain grants for research abroad and exchange programs.
- Research Opportunities Week: Access information on funding opportunities for post-doctoral students and apply to the TUM Global Postdoc Fellowship for international development of young talented individuals.
- TUM Global Visiting Professor Program:Take advantage as an international professor of the opportunity for time-limited teaching and research partnerships.
- EuroTechPostdoc2 Fellowships: Apply as a post-doctoral student for support for your residence at one of the universities in the EuroTech Universities Alliance.
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers grants for research residencies to at-risk scientists.
Take advantage of the our university's outstanding facilities and our partners to ensure the success of your research project.
Technology Core Facilities
- Bavarian Center for Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry (BayBioMS)
- TUM Electron Microscopy Facility (EMF)
- TUM Food & Agro Center for Innovation and Technology (FACIT) –
combining TUM Life Science Tech Core Facility and TUM Venture Lab FAB
- TUM Mößbauer Technology Center (MTC)
- TUM Plant Technology Center (PTC)
Further central infrastructure units
- Bavarian NMR Center (BNMRZ)
- Centre for Advanced Laser Applications (CALA)
- Leibniz Supercomputing Center (LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (LRZ)
- Radiochemistry Munich (RCM)
- Research Neutron Source Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
Schools, Departments and Research Centers
Benefit from interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines and explore the possibilities of using highly specialized technical facilities.