Support for researchers
The foundation of outstanding science is an inspiring environment and optimum general conditions for your research work: Discover our comprehensive range of advice and support services for our scientific staff.
TUM ForTe – also known as the Office for Research and Innovation – offers our researchers professional and comprehensive advice on research funding and technology transfer, as well as assistance raising third-party funds.
In research projects that include stakeholders from industry and other scientific institutions, TUM ForTe helps to provide clarity and offers topical workshops on potential cooperations.
Discover the financial support the university offers its professors for scientific projects and cooperations activities:
- TUM Seed Funds: These funds are designed to help professors prepare and submit applications for highly competitive funding programs. The support ranges from seed capital to reduced teaching requirements and is available for German Research Foundation (DFG) and EU programs.
- TUM Global Incentive Fund for international cooperation: The fund supports the foundation and consolidation of international relationships around the world, especially with selected partner universities.
- Institute for Advanced Study – Focus Groups: Work as a TUM host together with an IAS Fellow and doctoral candidates on interdisciplinary research topics, with the support of TUM-IAS resources.
- German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future (GFA): Together with the Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT) in France, we promote cooperation between European research institutions and companies. We support you in finding partners or with funding for your project.
- TUM Innovation Networks: We facilitate pioneer spirit and transdisciplinary research – Learn more about funding possibilities for innovative research questions.
We offer various funding opportunities to help guest lecturers and international researchers complete fixed-term research and teaching stays. Visitors to TUM benefit from our welcome services.
As a university with global reach, we invite interested researchers from around the world to visit us, offering funding opportunities to help finance their stay:
- Institute for Advanced Study – Fellowships: Discover fellowship programs for outstanding international researchers working in science and industry.
- TUM Global Visiting Professor Program: International professors have the opportunity to engage in fixed-term teaching and research cooperations.
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers fellowships to enable at-risk researchers to complete fixed-term research stays.
- Erasmus+: The Erasmus+ funding program gives teaching staff at international universities the opportunity to complete fixed-term teaching stays at TUM.