Support for Researchers: Funding, Advice and Much More
The foundation of outstanding science is an inspiring environment and optimum general conditions for your research work: Discover our comprehensive range of advice and support services for our scientific staff, including Funding opportunities, Start-up consulting, Professional development and continuing education and much more.
Services for every career stage
Discover Research Funding and Support
Excellent research needs time and money – Learn more about funding and where you can find assistance and advice.
- TUM ForTe – Office for Research and Innovation: We advise and support you when applying for national or international research funding programs as well as in the preliminary phase of research and business partnerships.
- TUM Global Incentive Fund: Discover start-up financing for international collaborative ventures.
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study – Focus Groups: Work as a TUM host together with an IAS Fellow and doctoral candidates on interdisciplinary research topics, with the support of TUM-IAS resources.
- German-French Academy for the Industry of the Future (GFA): Together with the Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT) in France, we promote cooperation between European research institutions and companies. We support you in finding partners or with funding for your project.
- TUM Innovation Networks: We facilitate pioneer spirit and transdisciplinary research – Learn more about funding possibilities for innovative research questions.
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study – Fellowships: Discover fellowship programs for leading international researchers from academia and industry.
- TUM Graduate School: Explore possibilities for doctoral candidates to obtain grants for research abroad and exchange programs.
- Research Opportunities Week: Access information on funding opportunities for post-doctoral students and apply to the TUM Global Postdoc Fellowship for international development of young talented individuals.
- TUM Global Visiting Professor Program:Take advantage as an international professor of the opportunity for time-limited teaching and research partnerships.
- EuroTechPostdoc2 Fellowships: Apply as a post-doctoral student for support for your residence at one of the universities in the EuroTech Universities Alliance.
- Philipp Schwartz Initiative: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers grants for research residencies to at-risk scientists.
Take advantage of the our university's outstanding facilities and our partners to ensure the success of your research project.
Technology Core Facilities
- Bavarian Center for Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry (BayBioMS)
- TUM Electron Microscopy Facility (EMF)
- TUM Food & Agro Center for Innovation and Technology (FACIT) –
combining TUM Life Science Tech Core Facility and TUM Venture Lab FAB
- TUM Mößbauer Technology Center (MTC)
- TUM Plant Technology Center (PTC)
Further central infrastructure units
- Bavarian NMR Center (BNMRZ)
- Centre for Advanced Laser Applications (CALA)
- Leibniz Supercomputing Center (LRZ) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (LRZ)
- Radiochemistry Munich (RCM)
- Research Neutron Source Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
Schools, Departments and Research Centers
Benefit from interdisciplinary exchange and collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines and explore the possibilities of using highly specialized technical facilities.
Bringing Technologies to Market
From cutting-edge research to your own start-up: Discover how your research could give birth to forward-looking business models which could make our lives easier, more digital and more sustainable.
Drive Your Personal Development
We support your individual talents with targeted training and exchange programs so that you can concentrate on fully leveraging your potentials.
- TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning: Das Institut bietet vielfältige individuelle und strukturierte Weiterbildungsangebote, um Ihre berufliche Handlungsfähigkeit zu fördern. Bilden Sie sich in fachlichen und fächerübergreifenden Gebieten wie Wissenschaftsmanagement und Leadership weiter.
- Build and maintain international networks: Entdecken Sie Angebote zur finanziellen Unterstützung für Ihren Forschungs- oder Lehraufenthalt im Ausland.
- Continuing education in European countries: Continue your education with Erasmus at a university or company of your choice in one of 32 European countries.
- Mentoring for Scientists: Find exchange among international research alumni, post-doctoral students and doctoral candidates.
- TUM Emeriti of Excellence mentoring program: Profit from the knowledge, international networks and the life experience of emeritus leading-edge scientists when planning and designing your career.
- MyTUM event calender: Make exciting contacts at our numerous events and lectures.
- Scientists meet Scientists – TUM-IAS Wednesday Coffee Talks: Network with other researchers as part of the digital lecture series.
- TUM Community: Immerse yourself in an online community of alumni, students, doctoral candidates, post-doctoral students and employees.
Feel at Home with Us
A successful professional life includes exchange with like-minded peers and time for a fulfilling private life. Here we offer you support for family matters, living accommodations and recreation to create the best general situation.
Additional Service Offers and Facilities
Our University Library offers you fast and easy access to over 2 million printed and electronic media as well as qualified support in research projects, learning and teaching processes:
Teaching at the heartbeat of research: Teaching at our university follows the highest didactic and technical standards, based on the fundamental principle of orientation towards learning objectives and competencies. We support our teaching staff with a wide range of consulting services.
We offer you advice and support in creating a professional representation of your research activities in the internet.
How Do I Request a Web Page?
- Create a TUM web presence: The TYPO3 team supports our Schools, Departments and facilities with advice and practical assistance.
- Setting up an internet domain: Here you'll find additional information on registering Internet domains.
- Our Faculty: Explore brief profiles on our faculty members.
Tips on Editing and Content Management
- Online-Redaktions-Wiki: Here you'll find tips on how to write online texts.
- Find out more about continuing education programs for TUM employees.
- Terminologie-Datenbank dict.tum: Use our German-English translation aid.
- TYPO3 instructions for TUM web presences
Our Corporate Design ensures a professional and uniform appearance for TUM, both externally and internally.
Your well-being is important to us! Discover the wide range of opportunities for maintaining your physical and mental health.
- University Sports Center (ZHS): Comprehensive sports program for members of all Munich universities
- TUMgesund – Betriebliche Gesundheitsförderung: Movement, nutrition, psychological counselling and more
- Mental health in the employee continuing education program: Workshops, lectures and programs for your own psychic health and on responsible personnel management
Coronavirus/Covid-19: Current information and regulations at www.tum.de/corona