Experience life at TUM – and help to shape it: at events, through sports and in a wide range of other leisure-time activities taking place right on campus. Life at TUM is much more than just studies, startups and leading-edge research.
Develop ideas for the world of tomorrow or make a commitment for people, society and the planet: with their voluntary engagement, our students do impressive work on behalf of the university community and our society.
We’re working together to develop the future of TUM. Contribute your ideas, experience and skills to TUM’s decision making processes and committees – for example in the departmental student councils and the school councils. The university thrives on the involvement of students and staff.
We want our university to be even more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Support our efforts – by playing an active role in improving the campus, university operations and our infrastructure.
Get to know the many different people in our university family – and their ideas. Inspire one another, discover your shared and different interests, and move forward together.
TUM offers many opportunities to meet people, make contacts and build friendships.
- TUM-IAS Wednesday Coffee Talks
- Women of TUM – network for women
- Cultural program for doctoral candidates
- IKOM – the career forum
- Mentoring for students and researchers
- More events: Calendar of events
Online-Community: Are you aware of our online network for students, staff and alumni? TUM Community – registration
People from all over the world are doing research, studying and living at our university. Experience international diversity at TUM now.
- The „International Campus Life“ – orientation and leisure time program
- Country groups and more: other leisure time and networking activities
- Tutoring and buddy programs of schools and departments
- Language Center: learn languages, improve intercultural skills and broaden horizons
The global side of TUM: The TUM Global and Alumni Office is the central point of contact for information on international exchanges and networking and all related programs.
We hope to make your start at TUM as easy as possible with various offers
- for students:
- for doctoral candidates: TUM Graduate School Welcome Office
- for international postdocs and guest professors:Welcome services for international researchers
- for newly appointed professors: Relocation Service
- for all employees: Services for our staff
In addition, foreign students can book a comprehensive onboarding package before moving to Munich with the TUMint Student Relocation Service.
The university religious communities and groups are a valuable part of the university family. All with regular on-campus religious worship services, they offer a wide-ranging cultural and leisure program. In addition to fostering dialog between religions, they also play the important role of providing support to students in difficult circumstances.