With the goal of dynamizing the digitization process in study and teaching, the Steering Committee for Digitization of Study and Teaching was established in April 2021 by the CIO and the Vice President for Study and Teaching.
The Steering Committee consists of 7 members from the IT, the TUM Center for Study and Teaching, and a representative for the departments and schools. The steering committee receives project ideas, prioritizes them, and convenes a project group if the evaluation is positive.
- Markus Haggenmiller – Central Information Technology (ZIT), Head
- Sebastian Krüger – Central Information Technology (ZIT)
- Alexander Pohl – Digital Transformation Officer (DXO)
- Sandra Grundmann – Campus Management Team
- Claudia Philipps – TUM School of Computation, Information and Technology
- Kathrin Dressel – TUM Center for Study and Teaching, Head
The following digitization projects are currently in progress:
- Digital signatures
- Digitization of the workflow "Applications”
- Digitization of the process "Theses”
- Digital statutes
- Verification of documents
We have already received the following project ideas:
- Digital submission of letters of recommendation
- Digital graduation documents and graduation confirmations
- Digitally certified achievement overviews
- Digital notifications
- Digitalization of committee processes
- Data exchange via EuroTeQ
- Redesign of TUM Living (housing exchange)
- Digital support elements for the central first contact points of TUM
- Automated dispatch of participation confirmations after events for prospective students
- Digitization of the recognition process
You would like to submit a new project idea for digitization in teaching and learning? Please use our template (German, DOCX, 44 KB).
Please understand that not every project idea can be implemented. All submitted ideas will be carefully reviewed and evaluated in terms of their benefits, expected costs and complexity and prioritized by the steering committee based on these criteria.
We will get back to you personally.