Support for Scientists
There are also numerous support services for scientists who have fled Ukraine. Here you will find an overview of various contact points.
- Funding and job opportunities for refugee researchers by the European Commission
- Overview of support offers by the DAAD
- Overview of support offers by the German-Ukrainian Academic Society
- Funding Opportunities by the German Research Foundation
- Funding Opportunities by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Funding for Refugee Scholars and Ukrainian Scientists by the Volkswagen Foundation
- Chance for Science: Social Network for refugeed and local scientists
- Science for Ukraine: Accomodation, Funding and Research Opportunities
- Grants for librarians and scientists by the Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology
- CEE Fellowship Program for graduates from the area of environmental protection
- Labs supporting Ukrainian scientists
There are different paths for Ukrainian junior scientists to continue or to start their doctoral research at the Technical University of Munich (TUM). Depending on your individual preferences and academic background, there are different ways for us to welcome you to our university.
General support, for example in finding a job or apartment in Munich, can be found here:
Ukrainians who are fleeing their home country because of the war can use public transport in Germany free of charge.
This applies to all local trains (S-Bahn, Regionalbahn, Regionalexpress, etc.) as well as to all subways, streetcars, light rail systems and buses. The ticket can be either a so-called "0-Euro-Ticket", such as those issued by Deutsche Bahn for long-distance travel, or a valid identification document.
To the press release of the Association of German Transport Companies (German, PDF)