Museums, Collections and Exhibitions
Understanding research: Various large and small collections at the TUM provide insights into the world of science.
For all those interested in architecture, the Architecture Museum of the TUM, located in the Pinakothek der Moderne, presents a wide-ranging programme of changing exhibitions.
Founded in 1903, the Deutsches Museum has been the oldest and one of the most important technology museums in the world. It is an institute of the Leibniz Association and is closely associated with the TUM.
The documents from the University Archives serve to research and document the history of TUM as well as to maintain tradition at the university.
Collections and exhibitions at schools and departments
Please note that a tour is in some cases only possible during certain events or only by appointment.
- Architecture: Events and exhibitions
- ITüpferl – Bits@Work
- Mineralogisch-petrographische Sammlung
- Sammlung von Fischer-Chemikalien
- Tierökologische Präparate-Sammlung
- Collection of Building Materials (TUM School of Engineering and Design)
- Historische Vermessungsinstrumente