Double Degree - Incoming
The double degree program offers qualified students the opportunity to receive a degree from both TUM and one of its partner universities.
The goal of the double degree programs at TU München is to integrate the strengths of its individual partner universities’ degree programs – unaltered – into the joint program. This joint program constitutes the linkage of the individual degree programs of the respective universities. Credits and examinations completed at the partner university will be recognized by TUM.
Are you interested in studying two TUM degree programs at once? Here is what you need to know.
Are you interested in one of our departments or schools with new double degree programs?
Description of the program
- Two to four semesters of study at a partner university
- The double degree program is offered as part of a specific curriculum beginning, as a rule, only in the winter semester.
- Participating students are enrolled at TUM as regular students during this period.
Application requirements (for study at TUM)
- above average academic performance
- good German or English language skills (depending on degree program)
- All double degree programs are regulated through bilateral agreements. A list of universities having agreements with TUM is available via the .
Application process (for study at TUM)
- Students wishing to apply to TUM within the scope of a double degree program must first contact the relevant administrator at their home university and apply for the program there.
- The partner university selects students for the double degree program and nominates them for study at TUM.
- As a rule, applicants to double degree programs at TUM are to apply through TUMonline in accordance with the standard application deadlines for their desired program of study.
- Please make clear on the required hard-copy application materials that you are applying to a double degree program.
- For more detailed information on the application process, contact the International Affairs Delegate of the relevant department or school.
Application materials for study at TUM
The first step towards a double degree is the online application via TUMonline. Usually, you have to upload these documents:
- CV in German or English (depending on the degree program)
- Transcript of records (list of credits earned in your studies to date)
- passport-style photo for your Student Card
- your passport/identification card
Additional requirements for double degree master’s programs:
- your bachelor’s degree certificate and diploma
- translations of the bachelor’s certificate and diploma by a sworn translator if the original documents are not in German or English
- graduates of a French Grand École additionally have to submit a equivalency certificate.
If you apply for a Double Degree Program, you do not have to hand in a Preliminary Documentation (VPD)
The required documents may vary depending on the double degree program you apply for. A comperehensive list will be generated during the online application. For enrollment, we will also require certain documents as officially certified hardcopies. You will also find more specific information on formal requirements in your applicant account in TUMonline after completing the online application.