Student halls of residence

Student halls of residence usually offer affordable accommodation for students. The university does not own these halls of residence. Most are run by the Munich Student Union, with over 10,000 rooms available. Places at these halls are highly sought-after, with long waiting lists – so students are advised to apply early!

Important for exchange students

Please note: If you come to our university through an exchange program, you cannot apply for a room in the Student Union residence halls (Studierendenwerk München). You can still apply for other residence halls. Details: Accommodation for exchange students

More info for finding a place
Your contact persons for finding accommodation

Do you have questions about finding accommodation or about our support services? Here you will find your contact persons.