You are interested in studying at TUM, have questions regarding your current studies or would like to schedule a personal appointment with our team at student advising? Then contact us via mail or phone.
Current Information – Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2
- Free rapid tests for all students: www.schnelltest-studitum.de
- The application deadlines for undergraduate programs (bachelor's degrees and teaching degree), which regularly end on July 15, will be extended once for the winter semester 2021/22 until July 31, 2021.
- As a rule, courses will be conducted in digital form. Please take note of the preconditions to participate in exams or practical courses on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To counter the effects of the pandemic, examination and other deadlines are extended for the summer semester 2021.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, please contact our service points and other offices by email or by telephone.
- Please follow the instructions regarding notification if you develop corona symptoms, have been tested positive respectively have had contact with a person tested positive, or have entered the country from a risk area. Detailed information can be found at www.tum.de/corona.
Please be sure to check our info-website on current measures regularly for updates.
Secure and Confidential
How to contact us
Write us an email to: studium(at)tum.de
Call our Student Information: +49 89 289 22245
|Monday – Thursday||9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Important notice concerning Student Cards
Validating TUM Student Cards is currently possible without restrictions.
However, the following regulations apply to the use of MVV transportation in Munich in the summer semester 2021:
- Student Cards with validation/validity for the winter semester 2020/21 are also valid in the summer semester 2021 as MVV travel authorization in the off-peak hours (Mon–Fri 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. and all day on weekends). So if you are unable to validate your TUM Student Card in the summer semester 2021 for some reason, you will still be able to use public transport in Munich.
- A Student Card validated/valid at least for the winter semester 2020/21 is also required to purchase the IsarCard Semester.
- As before, an official photo ID (e.g. ID card) must be carried in addition to the Student Card.
- As before, the certificate of enrollment will not be recognized as a right to travel on the MVV.
Please also refer to the information about the semester ticket on the MVV website.
Give us feedback
You have a idea on how to improve TUM even further? We are always open for praise, criticism and constructive suggestions.
Please make use of our form. Our feedback management is designed to handle proposals aimed at shaping the ongoing process of developing and improving our university.