Contact and Directions
Plan your journey to the different locations of the Technical University of Munich (TUM).
Technical University of Munich
Address: Arcisstraße 21, D-80333 Munich
Bus and Train
Train: Munich Central Station
U2: Königsplatz, Theresienstraße
Tram 27/28: Pinakotheken
Bus 58/68/100: Technische Universität
- Munich Airport: A train ride of 40 minutes from Munich Airport to the city center via suburban trains S1 and S8.
Address: Boltzmannstraße 15, 85748 Garching
Bus and train
Bus 230: Garching-Forschungszentrum
Bus 292: Garching-Forschungszentrum
Bus 690: Garching-Forschungszentrum
Bus X660: Garching-Forschungszentrum
S1: Neufahrn (from there take bus 690)
S8: Ismaning (from there take bus 230)
- Munich Airport: To campus Garching either with S1 to Neufahrn, from there take bus 690; or S-Bahn S8 to Ismaning and take bus 230. Traveltime about 50 minutes.
Address: Alte Akademie 8, D-85354 Freising
Bus and train
Bahn: Freising-Bahnhof (station)
S1: Freising-Bahnhof (station)
Bus 635: Weihenstephan (from airport)
Bus 637: Weihenstephan (from station)
Bus 638: Weihenstephan (from station)
Bus 639: Weihenstephan (from station)
Bus X660: Weihenstephaner Berg (from station and from Garching Forschungszentrum)
- Munich Airport: To Campus Weihenstephan about 30 minutes travel time with bus 635.
The Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability is the TUM's fourth large study and research campus in Bavaria, which opened as one of the university's Integrative Research Centers in October 2017.
- Address: Schulgasse 22, D-94315 Straubing
- Directions and campus map: Details on the homepage of the TUM Campus Straubing
TUM aerospace and geodesy research at the TUM School of Engineering and Design benefits from cooperation with established industrial and research institutions at the Ludwig Bölkow Campus in Taufkirchen/Ottobrunn.
- Address: Willy-Messerschmitt-Str. 1, D-82024 Taufkirchen/Ottobrunn
- Address TUM Tower: Bildungscampus 9, D-74076 Heilbronn
- Postal address / administration offices: Bildungscampus 2, D-74076 Heilbronn
- Directions and campus map: Details on the homepage of the Heilbronn Bildungscampus (only in German)
Further research locations in Germany
- Augsburg: "Projekthaus Augsburg" of the Institute of Machine Elements
- Berchtesgaden: Schülerforschungszentrum Berchtesgadener Land (Research center for school students)
- Iffeldorf: Limnological Research Station
- Obernach: Research Center for Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering (Oskar von Miller Institute)
- Raitenhaslach Monastery: TUM Science & Study Center
- Wettzell: Geodetic observatory (only available in German)
TUM Asia is bringing German engineering excellence to the technology hub of Southeast Asia. TUM’s home in Singapore became the first overseas campus of a German university in 2002. TUM Asia – German Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)