Compliance upholds the integrity and transparency of the Technical University of Munich (TUM). As part of TUM Good Governance, the TUM Compliance Office (TUM CO) supports the Vice President Compliance in the TUM Board of Management.
The TUM CO is accountable for the TUM Codes of Conduct, which offer principles regarding fundraising activities, collaborations with partners from industry and academia and Faculty Recruitment, the Bylaw of Good Scientific Practice and Procedures in Cases of Academic Misconduct (TUM-SGwP), and the TUM Respect Guide as a commitment to our university culture. Furthermore the TUM CO is the responsible contact in regard to §13 AGG (General Act on Equal Treatment).
- All members and partners of the university can reach out to the TUM CO in case of a potential violation of the applicable regulations and standards
- The TUM CO operates independently and neutrally according to formal procedures and examines all complaints thoroughly by verifying statements and counter-statements
- All information issued to the TUM CO is treated with strict confidentiality in order to protect the informant and the persons affected by allegations
- In case of a potential academic misconduct, the Ombudspersons examine the complaints and introduce formal Ombudsverfahren if applicable
- The Ombudsperson TV-L gives advice on clarifying conflicts in reference to freedom of academia and conscience
TUM Compliance Office
Vice President Compliance
Petra Marzin (RDin)