German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina

The Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher (German Academy of Natural Scientists) Leopoldina was founded in 1652 and is the oldest continuously existing academy of natural sciences and medicine in the world.

The cartographer Prof. Liqiu Meng was elected to the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina in 2011.

With over 1 500 members (figures for 2017) from numerous countries, the Leopoldina is the largest academy in Germany.

The Leopoldina was declared the German National Academy of Sciences in 2008. The academy is intended to serve as a legitimate, independent institution promoting and providing scientific expertise on issues concerning the future of society. New members are admitted on the basis of nomination by existing members and election by the Presidium.

The following members of the TUM have been admitted to the Leopoldina:

Caption

In brackets: Year in which the award was received

* = not at TUM when the award was received

The information provided was current at the time the award was received.

Contact

Technical University of Munich
Franz Langer
Presidential Office
Arcisstraße 21
D-80333 Munich

Tel. +49 89 289 25273
Fax +49 89 289 23399
kueckspam prevention@zv.tum.de

Presidential Office: Entire team

HSTS