TUM advent matinee and Vivat TUM
A passion for music unites the community of the Technical University of Munich. On 1st Advent, TUM students, alumni, staff members, donors and friends of all ages will come together for the advent concerts. The Munich Symphonic Ensemble (SEM) performs together with the TUMChor choir and different soloists, depending on the musical program. All donations collected at the advent concerts go to the endowment of the TUM University Foundation.
Next concerts: Sunday, November 28th, 2021
Due to the pandemic, the Advent concerts and the possible number of visitors are still subject to change. The venue this time is the new Isarphilharmonie of the Gasteig HP8 (Hans-Preißinger-Str.8, Munich) because of the renovation work on the old Gasteig building.
Entrance is free. All donations collected at the advent concerts go to the endowment of the TUM University Foundation.
Welcome speech of the president Prof. Dr. Thomas Hofmann
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 – 1827)
- Klavierkonzert Nr. 4 G-Dur, op. 58
- Sinfonie Nr. 5 c-Moll, op. 67
Duration: 90 min., no break
- Soloist: Gerold Huber (piano)
- Conductor: Prof. Felix Mayer, Carl von Linde-Akademie (TUM)
- Symphonisches Ensemble München (The Munich Symphonic Ensemble)
Thank you very much for your donations!
About 170.000 EUR were donated at the advent concerts in 2019 for the TUM University Foundation. The Foundation supports top-notch young scientists and students.
Looking back at previous years (YouTube playlist)
Choir and Orchestra at the Advent Concerts
- The TUMChor – The voices of TUM: Our choir is composed of members of Munich’s various university choirs, as well as other TUM members that are experienced singers. The 2013 advent matinee was TUMChor's first public performance. The TUMChor
- Munich Symphonic Ensemble: From Mozart to Brahms, piano concertos to symphonies – The Munich Symphonic Ensemble has become a close partner of TUM, playing every year at the advent matinee in the Philharmonic Hall at Gasteig. Munich Symphonic Ensemble