Courses of the University Library:
Effective literature research and use of online media
To be able to prepare for your exams, your study projects or your theses, you need up-to-date and relevant literature. The new courses of the University Library convey knowledge about targeted search strategies and purposeful use.
Course Information Literacy 1
- Free access to online media of the University Library
- Knowing and applying the basics of literature research
- Find subject-specific books and journals in our online catalogue
- Online research with Google and Google Scholar
- Other services by the University Library that are relevant for your studies
Course Information Literacy 2
- Develop search strategies for literature databases
- Search for subject-specific papers in literature databases
- Literature provision – from bibliographical references to full text
Both courses are offered on a regular basis (in German and English) at all TUM sites and as a webinar.
The courses Information Literacy 1 and 2 are part of a comprehensive training program offered by the University Library, covering topics from reference management and citation to the visibility and impact of research and research data management.
All courses – including content descriptions, dates, and a possibility to register – are listed at: