Science event for children and adults
Open Day with the Mouse
What is quantum technology? How does the brain work? And how did the universe come into being? On the Open day with the Mouse 2023, children and adults go on a journey of scientific discovery. Visit numerous hands-on activities, experiment and information booths, laboratory tours, talks and two show lectures at the Research Campus Garching. The event takes place on the occasion of the Germany-wide action day "Doors open with the mouse" of the "Sendung mit der Maus".
Discover one of the most modern research neutron sources, get to know the supercomputer SuperMUC-NG, debunk deepfakes and experience virtual worlds in 3D - a varied program awaits you. Under this year's motto "Valuable Treasures," children explore institutions whose doors would otherwise remain closed. Several institutions on the Garching campus also offer exciting and informative activities for adults. Among others, the four clusters of excellence e-conversion, MCQST, SyNergy and ORIGINS will present themselves.
- Offers of the Open day with the Mouse at Research Campus Garching (in German)
- Program and location map (in German)
- Offers at other TUM locations (in German)
- Offical website of the WDR: Germany-wide action day “Doors open with the Mouse” (in German)
- Location: TUM Research Campus Garching; Central Point of Contact: Magistrale Maschinenwesen, TUM School of Engineering and Design, Boltzmannstraße 15, 85748 Garching
- Directions: Subway stop U6 „Garching Forschungszentrum“